Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Administrator I
at Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 00004149
Performs entry-level systems administration work. Work involves assisting with the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of SOAH information systems. Installs and upgrades computer components and system software. Will act as primary help desk administrator, responding to calls and emails on a daily basis. Works under close supervision, with minimal latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs troubleshooting support.
- Responds to incident and problem tickets.
- Processes service request and tasks.
- Assists in determining system software or hardware needs required to configure or modify systems.
- Assists with the preparation and maintenance of operating procedures for technical support, troubleshooting, maintenance, and innovative systems administration techniques.
- Assists with the installation, configuration, maintenance, and administration of servers, operating systems, and applications.
- Assists in completing projects, and in performing systems software and hardware reviews.
- Provides technical support and performs research for information technology systems processes associated with system software and hardware technology planning, development, implementation, security, and interfaces.
- Assists in information systems security administration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Please paste the following URL into a browser to view the entire job posting in the CAPPS Career Sections: https:// capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=00004149
Select Apply Online to apply for the job at https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en.
HOW TO APPLY
You must create a CAPPS Career Section candidate profile or be logged in to apply.
Update your profile and apply for the job by navigating through the pages and steps.
Once ready, select Submit on the Review and Submit page.
Applications are not accepted at the agency. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of the application. Incomplete applications may result in disqualification of applicant.
- Four years experience in systems administration, help desk, or system support; or
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in a technology related field may substitute for the experience;
- Graduation with an Associate's degree in a technology related field may substitute for two of the four years experience.
- Major coursework in Information systems, Information Science, or computer Science.
- CompTIA certifications relevant to this position.
- MCSA and/or MCSE certifications relevant to this position
- Experience with using KACE software
REGISTRATION, OR LICENSURE
- None required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of administration and deployment of Microsoft Windows 7 or 10.
- Knowledge of administration and deployment of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of administration and deployment of O365.
- Knowledge of KACE K1000.
- Knowledge of KACE K2000.
- Knowledge of teleconferencing solutions.
- Skilled in managing help desk tickets and associated workflows.
- Skilled in problem solving and critical thinking.
- Skilled in configuring and deploying computer systems and applications.
- Ability to perform work related tasks promptly and professionally.
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and resolve complex technical issues.
- Ability to manage physical inventory and maintain an organized work environment.
- Ability to prepare and maintain inventory status documentation.
- Ability to identify and define user needs.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to process information logically.
- Ability to communicate technical issues effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Use your military skills to qualify for this position or other jobs. Please visit the Texas Workforce Commission's Skills to Work page at https://texasskillstowork.com/ to translate your military work experience and training courses into civilian job terms, qualifications, and skill sets.
- Additional military crosswalk information may be found on the Texas State Auditor's website at: http://www.hr.sao.texas.gov/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_Legal.pdf.
- Successful candidate must be able to lift and/or move computer parts up to 50 pounds.
- Successful candidate's work schedule will be Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, and after hours, as needed.
- Candidates selected for interview will perform two job simulations testing computer knowledge.
- The State Office of Administrative Hearings does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, genetic information, or disability in employment or provision of services.
- Applicants contacted for interviews who need special accommodations should notify Human Resources prior to the interview.
- Men aged 18 through 25 must be registered with the Federal Selective Service System or have an exemption from registration.
- The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires all new employees to present proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States of America.
- Positions that require travel will require a driving record check upon initial employment and annually thereafter.
- Selected candidate who will be offered this position in Information Technology with the State Office of Administrative Hearings will be the subject of a request for any criminal history record information maintained by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS).
Positions with the State Office of Administrative Hearings may offer the following benefits:
- State-paid health insurance (a 60-day waiting period will apply if not currently employed by the State of Texas)
- State-paid life insurance for the employee
- Retirement plan
- Monthly annual and sick leave accruals
- An average of 13 paid holidays per fiscal year (September 1st through August 31st)
- Participation in agency-sponsored work alternative programs
- Participation in agency Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
Optional benefits that may include employee costs:
- Dependent health insurance
- Texa$aver 401(k) and 457 programs
- TexFlex healthcare and dependent care reimbursement account
- Dental insurance
- Term life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage