Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Special Projects and Strategy Manager (Manager IV)
at Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
MISSION: The Texas Education Agency (TEA) will improve outcomes for all public-school students in the state by providing leadership, guidance, and support to school systems.
The Special Projects and Strategy Manager will lead the planning and execution of high-quality Special Education Professional Development for educators in school districts and charter schools throughout Texas. The manager will drive improved student outcomes and increased compliance, serving as the strategy and implementation expert. This candidate has likely served in a school or district role managing the development and implementation of large-scale professional development programs and can demonstrate success through increased student outcomes.
This position is responsible for managing the coordination, development, and implementation of strategy related to the Special Education Statewide PD initiative. This position will lead the development of the project, manage vendors/grantees and ensure timeline implementation and fidelity to the model. This position will directly supervise a team of program specialists who oversee this work, as well as other projects within the division.
Travel for this role is required up to 40% of the time.
Please note that a resume is a required attachment for applying to this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicants who are strongly being considered for employment must submit to a national criminal history background check.
- Lead and manage a high-performing team focused on operational excellence, to ensure effective project management of assigned deliverables; this includes performance tracking towards a set of shared academic achievement outcomes
- Lead the Special Education Statewide Professional Development initiative
- Support special projects and strategy work across the division and office
- Effectively communicate updates regarding project status, deliverables, timelines, and project planning to all stakeholders
- Manage external vendors, grantees, and providers to ensure timely and high-quality delivery of content, material, and training
Education: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university
Experience: At least six (6) years of combined experience working in/with the field of special education. At least two (2) years of experience as a supervisor or team manager is preferred.
Substitutions: Education and experience may substitute for one another on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience managing and directing large scale professionaldevelopment activities
- A technical understanding of adult learning and the critical components of effective professional development
- Demonstrated experience managing a team supporting a variety of projects to meet ambitious outcome goals on time and at quality
- Prior experience in project management, supervision, and prioritization
- Demonstrated experience leading and coordinating a team toward shared outcome
- Strong knowledge of special education and education (K-12) best practices and procedures
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to produce high quality work in a dynamic environment
- Highly organized; ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
- Ability to break down complex information into comprehensive parts, ask questions, synthesize and analyze
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A desire to self-reflect, give/receive feedback and continuously improve
- Abilityto engage in a collaborative, results-oriented team environment
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or veteran status, unless an applicant is entitled to the veteran's preference.
Additional Military Crosswalk (occupational specialty code) information can be accessed here.
This position requires the applicant to meet Agency standards and criteria which may include passing a pre-employment criminal background check, prior to being offered employment by the Agency.