Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SAS Programmer / Researcher (Programmer IV)
at Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
MISSION: The Texas Education Agency (TEA) will improve outcomes for all public-school students in the state by providingleadership, guidance,and support to school systems.
Please note that a resume and tailored cover letter are required attachments for applying to this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicants who are strongly being considered for employment must submit to a national criminal history background check.
- Use division publication standards to prepare and/or review technical reports, executive summaries, publication abstracts, professional presentations, and/or web releases.
- Perform analytical tasks on time and to a high degree of quality and accuracy, including implementing and understanding business decisions, creating clean and well-documented SAS code, and following unit's processing rules.
- Perform accuracy and quality control checks of SAS programs and output, including those generated by other team members, on time with a high degree of quality and accuracy.
- Document project data, decisions, programs (SAS), and outputs.
- Provide technical assistance, data analysis, and consultation to internal and external agency partners; including ad hoc requests for information from agency staff, the general public, Education Service Centers, school districts, parents, students, the legislature, and others.
Education: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university. Major course work in education, sociology, psychology,psychometrics, and/or statistics preferred.
Experience:At least three (3) years of experience in in research, evaluation, or statistical analysis, including a minimum of one (1) year of experience in SAS programming.
Substitutions: Education and experience may substitute for one another on a year-for-year basis.
- Knowledge of the research process, including experience with problem identification, project planning and design, data collection and management, statistical analysis, and reporting
- Experience with complex SAS programming, including troubleshooting/debugging of programs and preparing data for web publication
- Experience with performing quality control checks (e.g., reviewing own and others' code and output, parallel programming)
- Experience with MS Office suite, especially Word and Excel
- Experience working with large, institutional databases
- Ability to work in a team environment and maintain working relationships with a variety of people and groups
- Strong research writing skills with ability to synthesize literature, data analyses, and results
- Excellent communication skills with ability to express ideas clearly verbally and in writing
- Ability to present research results
- Strong attention to detail
- Possess analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- A desire to self-reflect, give/receive feedback, and continuously improve
- Knowledge of web programming languages (e.g., html) preferred
- Experience analyzing legislation and developing policy options preferred
As anequal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion,color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or veteran status, unlessan applicant is entitled to the veteran's preference.
Additional Military Crosswalk (occupational specialty code)information can be accessed here.
Thisposition requires the applicant to meet Agency standards and criteria which mayinclude passing a pre-employment criminal background check, prior to beingoffered employment by the Agency.