Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SAS Programmer (Programmer IV)
at Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
MISSION: The Texas Education Agency (TEA) will improve outcomes for all public-school students in the state by providing leadership, guidance, and support to school systems.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Federal Reporting and Special Populations (FRSP) Programmer IV reports to the FRSP Unit Manager in the Research and Analysis Division. This position plays a critical role in supporting the TEA mission and goals by being responsible for advanced computer programming, systems analysis, business requirements, data analysis, quality assurance, and documentation for annual federal reporting and state reporting of special education and other special population students and staff. Specific job responsibilities include maintaining and enhancing a Special Education reporting information system; keeping up-to-date by implementing new agency technologies and tools to be used for better data reporting and team process improvement; and filling ad hoc data requests using Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS), eGrants and Early Childhood Data System (ECDS) data. Additionally, this role acts as a technical team lead for Annual Federal Reports related to the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and other projects as assigned.
This position works under minimal supervision, with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Please note that a cover letter is a required attachment for applying to this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Additionally, please be sure to respond to the short answer prompts found in the supplemental questions. These responses should be added in a separate Word or PDF document in the attachments section of the application.
Applicants who are strongly being considered for employment must submit to a national criminal history background check.
- Work as technical lead to create annual federal reports related to IDEA.
- Work as technical lead on special education-related issues and data requests.
- Create and maintain customer-facing documentation related to Special Education.
- Maintain and enhance a Special Education reporting information system.
- Fulfill ad hoc data requests and perform code review and quality assurance checks.
Education: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Strong data analysis skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to produce high quality work with minimal errors
- Competence in creating clear and concise business documentation
- Highly organized, ability to work on multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well with other team members and engage in a collaborative, results-based environment and maintain cooperative working relationships with a variety of individuals and professional groups across functional units
- A desire to self-reflect, give/receive feedback and continuously improve
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
As anequal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion,color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or veteran status, unlessan applicant is entitled to the veteran's preference.
Additional Military Crosswalk (occupational specialty code)information can be accessed here.
Thisposition requires the applicant to meet Agency standards and criteria which mayinclude passing a pre-employment criminal background check, prior to beingoffered employment by the Agency.
Nophone calls or emails, please. Due to the high volume of applications, we donot accept telephone calls and cannot reply to all email inquiries. Onlycandidates selected for interview will be contacted.