Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Review and Support Specialist - Houston (Education Specialist IV)
at Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
MISSION: The Texas Education Agency (TEA) will improve outcomes for all public-school students in the state by providingleadership, guidance,and support to school systems.
This position is located in Houston, TX. The selected candidate will be required to attend New Employee Orientation and periodically attend training or meetings held at the main Texas Education Agency office in Austin, TX.
Please note that a resume and tailored cover letter are required attachments for applying to this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicants who are strongly being considered for employment must submit to a national criminal history background check.
- Acts as a liaison with LEAs and technical assistance providers to facilitate access to appropriate technical assistance to address identified areas of need with regard to outcomes for students served by special education.
- Reviews documentation, interviews stakeholders, observes classrooms and decision-making meetings to determine program effectiveness and compliance with state and federal special education law.
- Develops, collects, organizes, analyzes, and prepares materials in preparation for desk audits and on-site monitoring visits.
- Oversees compliance with special education policies and procedures, statutes, and rules; and takes corrective action(s) as needed.
- Prepares and reviews reports, and analyses related to program and compliance review of LEAs in their implementation of special education law.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Education: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university
Experience:At least four (4) years of experience in working with students with disabilities. Five (5) years of experience is preferred.
- Understanding of Federal and state special education law
- Knowledge of effective methods for completing compliance review
- Familiarity with effective instruction and service provision for students with disabilities
- Experience in identifying measures or indicators of special education program performance
- Willingness to travel up to 40% of the time
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability in operating computers and applicable software
- Ability to break down complex information into comprehensive parts, ask questions, synthesize and analyze
- A desire to self-reflect, give/receive feedback and continuously improve
- Ability to develop, evaluate, and interpret policies and procedures
As anequal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion,color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or veteran status, unlessan applicant is entitled to the veteran's preference.
Additional Military Crosswalk (occupational specialty code)information can be accessed here.
Thisposition requires the applicant to meet Agency standards and criteria which mayinclude passing a pre-employment criminal background check, prior to beingoffered employment by the Agency.
Nophone calls or emails, please. Due to the high volume of applications, we donot accept telephone calls and cannot reply to all email inquiries. Onlycandidates selected for interview will be contacted.