Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
MISSION: The Texas Education Agency (TEA) will improve outcomes for all public-school students in the state by providing leadership, guidance, and support to school systems.
This customer service-driven role is responsible for soliciting and reviewing bids and ordering supplies, equipment, and services using relevant guidelines, rules, policies and laws. Additional responsibilities include disseminating information to program staff, maintaining records, and creating and tracking the status of the purchase orders using the agency's accounting software system, CAPPS (Oracle/PeopleSoft). The position plays a critical role in ensuring the agency can efficiently and effectively purchase goods and services that benefit Texas students and educators.
Please note that a resume and tailored cover letter are required attachments for applying to this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Prepares, reviews, and tracks orders using TEA's Centralized Accounting and Payroll/Personnel System (CAPPS)
- Coordinates, reviews, and distributes bid invitations to vendors; Maintains and reviews various purchasing and procurement reports and records
- Partners with Program Staff to urgently resolve issues with vendors relating to purchased goods or services
- Works with the Agency Services Division to audit invoices for accuracy receipt of goods and services, and compliance with purchase orders
- Prepares and disseminates information concerning agency procurement-related procedures and responds to inquiries regarding purchase orders
Education: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university; coursework in accounting, business orpublic administration or a related field is generally preferred.
Experience: Atleast two (2) years of experience in the procurement of goods and services which includes business, finance, accounting, contracts and/or purchasing.
Substitutions: Education and experience may substitute for one another on a year-for-year basis.
- Ability to obtain the Certified Texas Contract Developer (CTCD) certification within six (6) months of employment (required)
- Experience using the Oracle/PeopleSoft financial system or similar computer software system
- Knowledge of procurement and/or accounting procedures and policies
- Familiarity with basic data analysis and ability to perform mathematical computations
- Highly organized; ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to break down complex information into comprehensive parts, ask questions, synthesize and analyze
- A strong customer-service mindset
- Clear and concise written and oral communication skills
- Ability to engage in a collaborative, results-oriented team environment
- A desire to self-reflect, give/receive feedback and continuously improve
Additional Military Crosswalk (occupational specialty code) information can be accessed here.
This position requires the applicant to meet Agency standards and criteria which may include passing a pre-employment criminal background check, prior to being offered employment by the Agency.
Nophone calls or emails, please. Due to the high volume of applications, we donot accept telephone calls and cannot reply to all email inquiries. Onlycandidates selected for interview will be contacted.