Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Ifyou are selected, this State of Texas position offers some terrific benefits:
- Medical/HealthInsurance Plan
- OptionalBenefits like flexible spending accounts, life insurance, dental, vision
- 401(k)/457 Program
- LongevityPay - after two years
- WellnessLeave – up to 30 minutes 3 times a week to exercise and stay fit
Performsadvanced (senior-level) computer programming work. Work involves analyzingrequirements, designing, developing, and testing complex computer applicationsincluding
(butnot limited to) client/server applications, web applications and cloud-hostedapplications. Works under minimal supervision, with extensive latitude for theuse of initiative and independent judgment.
- Graduation from an accredited college oruniversity with major coursework in computer science, data processing,management information systems, or a related field. May substitute four yearsfull-time experience for required education on a year for year basis.
- Five years of programming experience in acurrent Microsoft Stack environment (such C#, .Net, SQL Server).
- Skill in problem solving, in critical thinking,in computer programming, in the use of computer hardware and software, and inmodifying or developing programs for computer applications.
- Ability to process information logically; to designprograms and systems logic; to prepare program specifications; to code, test,and debug computer programs; to interpret technical information related tocomputer programming and other areas of data processing; to communicateeffectively.
- Criminal background check required.
Thefollowing Military Occupation Specialty (MOS) codes are generally applicable tothis position. Applicants must fully complete the summary of militaryexperience applicable to the position to determine if minimum qualificationsare met.
25B,255A, IT, 682X, 782X, 030, C411, ISM, 3D0X4
Additional Military Crosswalkinformation can be accessed at
Click on the Apply button at this site.
Submit an application through Work inTexas at this link - https://wit.twc.state.tx.us/WORKINTEXAS/wtx?u=1535587679088&pageid=APP_HOME
Download a State of Texas EmploymentApplication at this link - https://twc.texas.gov/jobseekers/state-texas-application-employment#seeAlso. Email the completed application to OCAHumanResources@txcourts.gov
Applications must be complete, includingstart and end dates of work experiences. Resumes may accompany applications butwill not be accepted in lieu of completed applications. Following a screeningof applications, interviews of qualified applicants who have submitted acompleted application will be scheduled. Only applicants interviewed will benotified of their selection or non-selection.
An applicant's response to the questionregarding Former Foster Youth on the state application is optional if you areapplying for employment with the Office of Court Administration.
The Office of Court Administration is anequal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race,color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability in employment or inthe provision of services. In compliance with the Americans with DisabilitiesAct, any request for reasonable accommodations needed during the applicationprocess should be communicated to Human Resources. 1-800-RELAY TX (for hearingimpaired).
The Office of Court Administrationparticipates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration,and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with information fromeach new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Section 651.005 of the Government Coderequires males, ages 18 through 25, to provide proof of their Selective Serviceregistration or of their exemption from the requirement as a condition of stateemployment.