Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Programmer (Programmer V)
at Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Please note that hiring for this role is contingent on the Texas Legislature's passage of House Bill 3/Senate Bill 4.
MISSION: The Texas Education Agency (TEA) will improve outcomes for all public-school students in the state by providing leadership, guidance, and support to school systems.
Please note that a resume is a required attachment for applying to this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicants who are strongly being considered for employment must submit to a national criminal history background check.
Develop database, software or reports components, ensuring they adhere to TEA and industry standards, best practices, and customer requirements.
Perform technical analysis on existing defects or proposed enhancements to increase efficiency or to adapt to new procedures.
Collaborate with the project team for sprint/release work on tasks such as providing development effort estimates, discussing architecture and design, triage and resolving defects or issues in multiple environments and providing status on work assignments or issues.
Perform testing to verify that the product matches the requirements, including the creation of test data, test cases and test scripts.
Prepare and maintain technical documentation as required (i.e. process flows, object or data models, project plans, environment diagrams, test plans, etc.).
Education: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university
Experience: At least four [ 4] years of experience in application development
Substitutions: Each additional year of related experience above the required minimum may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis
- Knowledge of current software development best practices and technologies and how they can be applied to create high quality, high-performing applications
- Skill in designing, coding and supporting medium to large applications using Java and Oracle databases
- Ability to develop high quality form-style web and backend applications using the Spring framework
- Ability to provide strong, senior level database and SQL technical expertise working in a team environment
- Prior experience troubleshooting and resolving complex technical issues
- Ability to define technical design and implement code solutions
- Highly organized; ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
- Collaborative and able to partner with other IT staff to recommend standards, guidelines, and new processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- A desire to self-reflect, give/receive feedback and continuously improve
- Ability to work in a cube environment with potential for significant auditory distractions
- Must be available some nights and weekends for supporting code deployments and application support
- Previous experience in Crystal Reports or other reports development is preferred but not required
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or veteran status, unless an applicant is entitled to the veteran's preference.
Additional Military Crosswalk (occupational specialty code) information can be accessed here.
This position requires the applicant to meet Agency standards and criteria which may include passing a pre-employment criminal background check, prior to being offered employment by the Agency.