Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pathways Partnership Coordinator (Education Specialist V)
at Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
MISSION: The Texas Education Agency (TEA) will improve outcomes for all public-school students in the state by providingleadership, guidance,and support to school systems.
Please note that a resume and tailored coverletter are required attachments for applyingto this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicants whoare strongly being considered for employment must submit to a national criminalhistory background check.
- Supports coordination of Tri-Agency Partnership withTexas Workforce Commission, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, TexasWorkforce Investment Council, to support state and regional education-workforcealignment.
- Supports districts with development of high-qualitypathways; promote and support regional pathways partnerships.
- Provides leadership to support thestatewide implementation and evaluation of high-quality WBL programpartnerships between schools and business and industry.
- Provides professional development andresources for WBL coordinators, teachers, counselors, and administrators forthe implementation of high-quality WBL programs.
- Promotes the benefits of WBL withprospective employers, local education agencies, instructors, parents, studentsand other stakeholders
Education: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university
Experience:At least five (5) years of experience in public education or a closely related field: career and technical education, workforce boards, chambers of commerce, education service centers, state or local initiatives, education policy, and/or coordinating large-scale projects.
Substitutions: Each advanced degree may substitute for two years of required experience.
- Certified Texas Contract Manager (CTCM) certification must be obtainedwithin first six (6) months of employment.
- Experience in public presentations andcommunicating complex information.
- Knowledge offederal Perkins law, functions and challenges of school districts,charter schools, and education service centers in relation to high schoolcourse selection (graduation plans) and scheduling issues; higher education;workforce boards, chambers of commerce; industry certification programs; andK-12 to workforce transition issues; education and industry partnerships.
- Works with community organizations,other state agencies, etc. in providing innovative methods to overcome barriersthat prevent quality WBL (such as liability and legal issues) in schools.
- Project management in establishinglong- and short-term strategies to accomplish project goals.
- Professional maturity and ability toorganize and complete multiple projects simultaneously.
- Facilitate and communicate withinternal and external stakeholders and other regarding statutes, regulations,and rules; written and oral communication.
- Effective and efficient use oftechnology, specifically Microsoft office suite in preparing and editingdocuments.
- A desire to self-reflect, give/receive feedback and continuously improve.
Asan equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion,color, national origin, sex, disability, age or veteranstatus, unless an applicant is entitled to the veteran's preference.
Additional Military Crosswalk (occupationalspecialty code) information can be accessed here.
Thisposition requires the applicant to meet Agency standards and criteria which mayinclude passing a pre-employment criminal background check, prior to beingoffered employment by the Agency.
No phonecalls or emails, please. Due to the high volume of applications, we do notaccept telephone calls and cannot reply to all email inquiries. Only candidatesselected for interview will be contacted.