Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Special Education Review and Support (Manager IV)
at Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
MISSION: The Texas Education Agency (TEA) will improve outcomes for all public-school students in the state by providingleadership, guidance,and support to school systems.
Please note that a resume and tailored cover letter are required attachments for applying to this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicants who are strongly being considered for employment must submit to a national criminal history background check.
- Provides leadership overseeing staff activitiesrelated to the review and support of LEAs in their implementation of requirements associated with the IDEA.
- Manages the approval, development, andcollection of materials prepared for desk and on-site audits to analyze for supportive feedback to LEAs to impact studentoutcomes.
- Leads project development and implementation ofeffective techniques for evaluating programs of review and support, identifies the need for new programs, and providesguidance to staff in the development and integration of new methods and procedures.
- Oversees compliance with special educationpolicies and procedures, statutes, and rules; and takes corrective action(s) to support LEAs with technical assistance providersand professional development.
- Leads the delivery of consultative services andtechnical assistance related to planning, implementing, and monitoring of specialeducation programs and services.
- Performs related work as assigned
Education: Graduationfrom an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework ineducation or a related
Experience: At least six (6) years of experience working with students with disabilities, includingthree (3) years of leadership
- Understanding of local, state, and federal education laws, rules, and regulations applicable to special programs, including state and federal monitoring systems
- Knowledge of the agency's rule-making process preferred
- Familiarity with web accessibility requirements and other web-related policies
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to produce high quality work in a dynamic environment
- Highly organized; ability to manage staff and multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
- Ability to break down complex information into comprehensive parts, ask questions, synthesize and analyze
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A desire to self-reflect, give/receive feedback and continuously improve
- Ability to engage in a collaborative, results-oriented team environment
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office applications and managing the lifecycle of complex technical documents
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time
As anequal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion,color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or veteran status, unlessan applicant is entitled to the veteran's preference.
Additional Military Crosswalk (occupational specialty code)information can be accessed here.
Thisposition requires the applicant to meet Agency standards and criteria which mayinclude passing a pre-employment criminal background check, prior to beingoffered employment by the Agency.
Nophone calls or emails, please. Due to the high volume of applications, we donot accept telephone calls and cannot reply to all email inquiries. Onlycandidates selected for interview will be contacted.