Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager of TELPAS and TELPAS Alternate (Manager III)
at Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
MISSION: The Texas Education Agency (TEA) will improve outcomes for all public-school students in the state by providing leadership, guidance, and support to school systems.
Please note that a resume and tailored cover letter are required attachments for applying to this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicants who are strongly being considered for employment must submit to a national criminal history background check.
- Oversee the development and production of TELPAS and TELPAS Alternate tests that directly align with the ELPS-PLDs/alternate PLDs to accurately measure the English language proficiency of English learners, including English learners with significant cognitive disabilities.
- Oversee test administration of reliable and effective TELPAS and TELPAS Alternate assessments that are flawless administrations and provide credible and trustworthy data to educators, families, and communities.
- Develop effective communication to support flawless administrations of TELPAS and TELPAS Alternate.
- Develop additional tools in collaboration with other agency divisions (curriculum and English learner support) to support districts' understanding and implementation of the English Language Proficiency Standards (ELPS) as they relate to instruction and assessment.
Education: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university
Experience:Atleast five (5) years of experience working at the campus, district, state, region, ornational level with English learners and accommodating instructional materialsfor students to increase accessibility.
- Knowledge of organizational development and management practices as applied to the analysis, evaluation, development and implementation of programs, policies, and procedures
Knowledge of local, state, and federal lawsrelated to the program area
- Ability to evaluate problems, to develop alternative solutions, to oversee studies, to develop and interpret policies and procedures
- Ability to design programs or training to implement policies and procedures
- Ability to prepare concise reports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior project and time management ability
- Track record of performance and successful implementation across multiple concurrent projects
- Self-starter with an outcomes-based approach to management
- Fast learner who thrives in a high-performing environment
- High intellectual ceiling with the ability to solve new and dynamic operating problems
- Desire to self-reflect, give/receive feedback and continuously improve
Asan equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion,color, national origin, sex, disability, age or veteranstatus, unless an applicant is entitled to the veteran's preference.
Additional Military Crosswalk (occupationalspecialty code) information can be accessed here.
Thisposition requires the applicant to meet Agency standards and criteria which mayinclude passing a pre-employment criminal background check, prior to beingoffered employment by the Agency.
No phonecalls or emails, please. Due to the high volume of applications, we do notaccept telephone calls and cannot reply to all email inquiries. Only candidatesselected for interview will be contacted.