Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ECE Access & Quality Specialist (Program Specialst VI)
at Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
This position reports to the Early Childhood Education Manager. This position will provide statewide coordination and leadership for increasing access and quality in early childhood education. The position will also provide state-level support, information, and non-regulatory guidance related to early childhood education initiatives. The incumbent will collaborate with other divisions within the agency to provide support and guidance with respect to early childhood education as well as perform highly advanced consultative services and technical assistance work.
Please note that a resume and tailored cover letter is required for this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Additionally, please be sure to respond to the short answer prompts found in the supplemental questions. These responses should be attached to application submission.
Applicants who are strongly being considered for employment must submit to a national criminal history background check.
Additional Military Crosswalk (occupational specialty code) information can be accessed at: https://bit.ly/2Kx9BcU
- Provides state-level coordination in the implementation of early childhood education programs.
- Provides clarification of state law, rule, TEA policies, procedures, and guidelines relating to supporting early childhood education programs via phone, email and written correspondence.
- Collaborates with other agency divisions, regional education service centers, professional organization, and colleges/universities as appropriate to support early childhood education programs.
- Provides leadership and program management for the coordination and implementation of grants, contracts, activities and deliverables related to early childhood education.
- Collaborates within the division to establish effective working relationships and collaborates specifically with issues and activities related to early childhood education programs.
Education: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: At least 4 years of experience working in school districts, at education service centers, in university settings, and /or with statewide education initiatives related to early childhood education.
- Knowledge of early childhood programs, issues, and best practices.
- Familiarity with the Texas Education Code, Texas Administrative Code, Texas Infant and Toddler Guidelines, Texas Prekindergarten Guidelines and Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills.
- Understanding of the functions and challenges of school districts, charter schools, and education service centers.
- Strong project management and time management skills to organize and complete multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Excellent professional verbal and written communication skills including creating appropriate guidance documents and presentations.
- Detail oriented with skills in revising and editing a wide range of documents.
- Experience with various technology applications including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships with a variety of individuals and groups both internal and external to TEA.
- Effective in both independent and collaborative work settings.
- Ability to understand and communicate intent of state law and rule and work within statutory authority to provide unbiased guidance and information to the public regarding issues related to public education.