Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DPS - IT - Quality Assurance Analyst II
at Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
**THIS POSTING HAS BEEN REOPENED **THOSE THAT HAVE PREVIOUSLY APPLIED DO NOT NEED TO REAPPLY**
PLEASE NOTE: All applications must contain complete job histories, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
SUBMITTED THROUGH WORK IN TEXAS: Work In Texas (WIT) applicants must complete the supplemental questions to be considered for the posting. In order to complete the supplemental questions please go to CAPPS Recruit to register or login and access your profile. Go to CAPPS Recruit to Sign In https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
Perform highly complex (senior-level) computer systems analysis work within the Quality Assurance Team as a software tester and quality assurance analyst. Assist the Quality Assurance Team in translating requirements into test cases to provide traceability and analyzing the results of system and integrated testing to ensure business and functional requirements are met. Assist Quality Assurance Team in unit and integration testing as needed. May assign and/or supervise the work of others. Work under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
The following Military Occupational Specialty codes are generally applicable to this position. Applicants must fully complete the summary of experience to determine if minimum qualifications are met. 25B, 255A, 255S, 53A, 181X, 642X, 742X, 744X, 275, 26, 030, 8848, 8858, 3D0X4.
1. Create and implement comprehensive test plans and test strategies based on development and software requirements. Assist in assigning tasks. Perform writing and executing of manual test cases.
2. Advance the software testing process through development and execution of test scenarios; and execute the functional, system and regression testing of proprietary and custom software.
3. Provide quality assurance estimates based on requirements.
4. Report, prioritize, and track defects, verify fixes, and perform follow-up activities to ensure that issues are resolved.
5. Create and track test metrics for project reporting purposes. Provide verbal updates and status, communicating progress through the generation of test reports, performing risk analysis, and reporting status of testing coverage and testing progress and issues.
6. Contribute to, define, and implement the agency's quality assurance processes and methodologies.
7. Analyze and evaluate requirements, specifications and design documents for quality defects. Participate in design specification and technical document reviews. Coordinate and lead defect triage meetings.
8. Attends work regularly and observes approved work hours in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
Education – Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in Information Technology or a related field is required.
Experience – Minimum of three (3) years' experience performing general IT work is preferred.
Substitution Note: Additional work experience of the type described may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Regulatory knowledge – Working knowledge of, or the ability to rapidly assimilate information related to TXDPS, State and Federal regulations, legislation, guidelines, policies and procedures.
Interpersonal Skills – Must demonstrate an ability to exercise poise, tact, diplomacy and an ability to establish and maintain positive, working/professional relationships with internal/external customers. Must be able to collaborate as part of a team.
Organizational and Prioritization Skills – Must be organized, flexible, and able to effectively prioritize in a multi-demand and constantly changing environment; able to meet multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines without sacrificing accuracy, timeliness or professionalism.
Presentation/Communication Skills – Must be able to construct and deliver clear, concise, and professional presentations to a variety of audiences and/or individuals.
Research and Comprehension – Must demonstrate ability to quickly and efficiently access relevant information, and be able to utilize and/or present research and conclusions in a clear and concise manner.
Analytical Reasoning/Attention to Detail – Must demonstrate an ability to examine data/information, discern variations/similarities, and be able identify trends, relationships and causal factors, as well as grasp issues, draw accurate conclusions, and solve problems.
Technology (computers/hardware/software/operating systems) – Must possess appropriate levels of proficiency with utilized software and systems and be able to learn new software/systems. Knowledge of the software development cycle and multiple software methodologies. Skill in usage of the following:
- Quality Center, Jira, soapUI;
- HTTP, SOAP, and REST protocols;
- Windows, SQL, DB2, Nix, C , Java, C#, FLEX, Weblogic, Jboss, Apache, IIS, Quick Test Pro;
- Scripting Languages and web testing automation tools;
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Technical Writing;
- Creating test cases and executing manual software tests;
- Performance/load/stress testing;
- Reporting, tracking, and verifying defects.
Confidentiality and Protected Information – Must demonstrate an ability to responsibly handle sensitive and confidential information and situations, and adhere to applicable laws/statutes/policies related to access, maintenance and dissemination of information.
Travel and/or Schedule – Availability for after-hour and weekend work is required.
PHYSICAL and/or ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those encountered and/or necessary for the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Environment: Office;
- Ambulatory skills, e.g. stand, walk, sit;
- Hand-eye coordination and arm/hand/finger dexterity;
- Ability to speak, hear, smell, and exercise visual acuity;
- Ability to transfer weights of twenty-five (25) pounds anticipated for this position;
- Driving requirements: None.
State of Texas Benefits and Retirement Information: https://www.ers.texas.gov/
DPS employee who is selected for a position in their current salary group and state title will be transferred with no salary change.
DPS employee who is selected for a position in their current salary group with a new state title may receive an increase up to 3.4%.
Salary is contingent upon qualification and is subject to salary administration and budgetary restrictions.
DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS WE DO NOT ACCEPT TELEPHONE CALLS. ONLY CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
State of Texas retirees may be rehired for full-time, non-commissioned positions only under very specific circumstances.