Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Integrated Portfolio Management (Director I)
at Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
MISSION: The Texas Education Agency (TEA) will improve outcomes for all public-school students in the state by providingleadership, guidance,and support to school systems.
The Department of Instructional Strategy is seeking a Director of Integrated Portfolio Management to lead the establishment of a comprehensive integrated portfolio strategy to actualize the Agency's strategic priorities through the successful integration of programs, products and services to be used in alignment with region and district internal strategic planning activities. To do this effectively, the Director will 1) oversee the portfolio design, development, management and partnership strategy working closely with senior leadership and other key stakeholders to set, track and achieve goals; 2) build and develop the capacity of internal and external contributors and consumers to maximize the value of the portfolio; and 3) establish, grow and maintain relationships with regions and districts to achieve the right balance between portfolio programs, products and services related to needs. Additionally, the Director will facilitate the development and deployment of communications and reporting around the portfolio, including the state and performance of its content. This position reports to the Division Director of Program Integration Strategy within the Instructional Strategy Department of the Office of School Programs.
Please note that a resume and tailored cover letter is required for this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicants who are strongly being considered for employment must submit to a national criminal history background check.
- Leads the design of a cohesive program integration vision and supporting strategy to help the agency develop a portfolio of programs and services that align with Educational Service Center (ESC) and Local Education Agency (LEA) needs
- Designs and launches products and services to help Educational Service Centers (ESCs) and Local Education Agencies (LEAs) strategically select and implement agency initiatives based on local needs
- Leads collaboration across agency initiative leads and leadership to align internal process, products, services, and communications to ensure agency is offering a cohesive, effective portfolio of services to external stakeholders
- Creates effective external partnerships with ESCs, LEAs and stakeholders to build momentum around agency portfolio approach, develop pilots to test portfolio services, and generate advocates to support new, aligned approach
- Manages the formal communication schedule, project plans, and analysis of actionable metrics associated with the delivery of programs, products and services available as part of the integrated portfolio
Education: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university
Experience: At least five (5) years leadership experience in education, project management, oroperations with a passion for public education. Experience managinghigh-performing teams highly preferred.
- Certified Texas Contract Manager (CTCM) certification must be obtained within first six (6) months of employment
- Relentless focus on improving quantitative and qualitative student outcomes
- Belief that all Texas students can achieve at high levels and are able to succeed in college, career or the military
- Demonstrated understanding of the processes and challenges of school districts, charter schools and educational service centers and a track-record of system level outcomes
- Exceptional personnel management skills including demonstrated success in vision-setting and coaching
- Demonstrated effectiveness with authentically engaging stakeholders and leveraging feedback for continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and compile complex data to structure ambiguity into actionable, value-added plans
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to represent the organization externally across a wide range of stakeholders and constituencies
- Superior project management and time management ability
- Exceptional systems and strategic thinking skills
- Consistently exercise excellent judgement, integrity, and commitment to personal responsibility and accountability
- A track record of performance and successful implementation across multiple, concurrent projects
- Ability to successfully navigate in a fast-paced, outcomes-driven and entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated ability to implement both solicited and unsolicited feedback quickly
- Demonstrated commitment to the values of diversity, inclusiveness and empowerment
As an equalopportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, color,national origin, age, sex, disability or veteran status, unless an applicant isentitled to the veteran's preference.
AdditionalMilitary Crosswalk (occupational specialty code) information can be accessed here.
This positionrequires the applicant to meet Agency standards and criteria which may includepassing a pre-employment criminal background check, prior to being offeredemployment by the Agency.
No phone calls or emails please. Due to the highvolume of applications, we do not accept telephone calls and cannot reply toall email inquiries. Only candidatesselected for interview will be contacted.