Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Human Capital Systems (Director I)
at Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
MISSION: The Texas Education Agency (TEA) will improve outcomes for all public-school students in the state by providing leadership, guidance, and support to school systems.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Director of Human Capital Systems will play a critical role in the planning and implementation of House Bill 3's Teacher Incentive Allotment, which aims to provide a pathway for outstanding Texas teachers to earn six-figure salaries. This role will lead districts in strengthening district human capital systems and compensation practices to increase the impact and retention of highly effective teachers, particularly in high-needs and rural areas. As part of the implementation of the Teacher Incentive Allotment, this individual will play a key role in the creation of guidance documents and overall technical support provided to districts.
This position reports to the Director of Strategic Compensation.
Applicants who are strongly being considered for employment must submit to a national criminal history background check.
Additionally, please be sure to respond to the short answer prompts found in the supplemental questions. These responses should be added in a separate Word or PDF document in the attachments section of the application.
- Cultivate, develop and provide technical assistance (general guidance, written guidance, resources, trainings, feedback) to districts focused on compensation and human capital systems
- Design, source, vet, disseminate, and promote high-quality avenues for strategic compensation that will promote sustainability of teacher salary increases
- Contribute to the development of a process for evaluating locally developed teacher designation systems and utilize that process to evaluate the extent to which districts meet certain criteria as it aligns to compensation and human capital systems
- Align Teacher Incentive Allotment best practices TEA school finance processes
Education: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university
Experience: At least (5) years of experience in combined experience in education, preferably with direct experience with integrating multiple district departments within a cohesive human capital system.
Substitutions: An advanced degree may substitute for two years of required experience.
- Experience with district level human capital systems
- Knowledge of best practices in aligning district departments to achieve long-term teacher retention
- Experience with school finance, budgeting, and human resources
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide group of stakeholders
- Strong long-term planning and project management skills, including establishing outcomes, determining evaluative measures, and tracking progress
- Highly organized; ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to produce high quality work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to break down complex information into comprehensive parts, ask questions, synthesize and analyze
- Ability to engage in a collaborative, results-oriented team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A desire to self-reflect, give/receive feedback and continuously improve
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
As anequal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion,color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or veteran status, unlessan applicant is entitled to the veteran's preference.
Additional Military Crosswalk (occupational specialty code)information can be accessed here.
Thisposition requires the applicant to meet Agency standards and criteria which mayinclude passing a pre-employment criminal background check, prior to beingoffered employment by the Agency.
Nophone calls or emails, please. Due to the high volume of applications, we donot accept telephone calls and cannot reply to all email inquiries. Onlycandidates selected for interview will be contacted.