Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 00006034
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED THROUGH WORK IN TEXAS:
Work In Texas (WIT) applicants must complete the supplemental questions to be considered for the posting. In order to complete the supplemental questions please go to CAPPS Recruit to register or login and access your profile. Go to CAPPS Recruit to Sign In (Link: https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/304/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en )
All applications must contain complete job histories, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
DIVISION: Educational Opportunities and Investments
Performs advanced (senior-level) marketing work. Work involves coordinating a variety of grassroots marketing and outreach activities for the Texas Tuition Promise Fund® and the Texas College Savings Plans (Texas 529 Plans) and the Texas Match the Promise FoundationSM (foundation). Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, 40 hours. Occasional weekend and/or late-evening work may be required. Actual work hours may change based on business need.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinates outreach activities and makes presentations related to the Texas 529 Plans and the foundation to promote awareness of the plans and foundation and expand the market base.
• Creates and maintains networks with various agencies, businesses, corporations, groups and associations.
• Researches and develops strategies, plans and programs that identify grassroots marketing opportunities and new project development for the Texas 529 Plans and the foundation.
• Oversees and analyzes surveys and studies to determine the effectiveness of grassroots marketing practices. Assists in development and maintenance of program websites.
• Establishes and implements short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures. Assists in managing operating budget for grassroots marketing activities. Assists in monitoring contractor marketing expenditures for compliance with Comptroller-approved budget.
• Prepares administrative reports and studies, and responds to requests for program information.
• Performs other work related duties as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in business administration, communications, marketing, or public administration.
Two (2) years of experience in outreach/marketing work.
One (1) year of public speaking experience including but not limited to presentations and/or trade shows.
• Five (5) years of experience in outreach/marketing work
• Three (3) years of public speaking experience including but not limited to presentations and/or trade shows
• Media relations and/or advertising experience
• State of Texas outreach/marketing experience
• Experience marketing investment or financial products
• Experience with budget development and monitoring
• Fluency in Spanish
One (1) additional year of experience in outreach/marketing may substitute for thirty (30) semester hours of the required education with a maximum substitution of 120 semester hours (four years).
A valid Texas (or state of residency) driver's license and a satisfactory driving record are a condition of employment.
Applicants offered an interview must present the following documents at or before the interview: A state issued driving record for the last 36 months; valid Texas driver's license (or state of residency driver's license); and current proof of automobile insurance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires extensive computer, telephone and client/customer contact. The incumbent primarily performs sedentary office work; however, mobility (standing and walking) is routinely required to carry out various duties. This position requires the ability to bend, stoop, kneel and reach as needed to perform filing and other similar routine office duties. Some lifting and/or moving of up to 75 lbs. of office equipment and/or material may be required on a limited basis. The job also requires normal cognitive abilities requiring the ability to learn, recall and apply certain practices and policies. Requires the stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions. Marginal or corrected visual and auditory requirements are required for reading printed materials and computer screens and communicating with internal and external customers.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Current marketing practices
• Market reporting procedures
• Community outreach programs
• Local, state and federal laws relating to the program area
• Budget development and monitoring
• Using a computer, including MAC PCs and/or laptops, and Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
• Effectively conveying information and encouraging an exchange of ideas (Communication)
• Identifying, defining and solving problems (Problem Solving)
• Coordinate the publication and distribution of marketing and outreach materials
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
• Build solid working relationships with agency teams, independent contractors, outside organizations and the public
• Identify prospective markets and perform economic analysis on grassroots market opportunities
• Serve as a liaison between the agency and the public with grassroots marketing efforts
• Prepare and give presentations
• Respond to information inquiries about agency programs
• Plan, organize and oversee multiple projects
• Gather, assemble, correlate and analyze facts
• Devise solutions to problems
• Prepare concise reports
• Work with others to achieve a common goal (Teamwork)
• Adjust to changing workplace demands (Adaptability)
• Meet the needs and expectations of internal and external customers (Customer Service)
• Effectively demonstrate skill and ability to perform the specific job duties and tasks as defined by a job description (Technical Competence)
• Be dependable, meet deadlines and produce high-quality work (Workload Management/Productivity)
In order to receive veteran's preference a copy of your DD214, VA disability rating (if applicable) or a DD1300 must be attached to your application.
Veterans, Reservist or Guardsmen with an MOS or additional duties that fall in the fields of (MC,46,4502 or other related fields) pertaining to the minimum experience requirements may meet the minimum qualifications. Please call Human Resources, CPA Veterans Liaison at 512-475-3560/800-531-5441 for more information or assistance.
Go to http://www.texasskillstowork.com, http://www.onetonline.org, or www.careeronestop.org for assistance translating your military experience and training courses into civilian job terms, qualifications/requirements and skill sets.
Additional Military Crosswalk information can be found at: http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/JobDescriptions.aspx
We fully recognize, honor and enforce the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) and encourage opportunities to hire Veterans, Reservists and Guardsmen.
IMPORTANT NOTES TO THE CANDIDATE:
Candidates may be asked to participate in a skills demonstration and/or presentation.
Salary is contingent upon qualifications and is subject to salary administration and budgetary restrictions.
CPA employees in the same job classification, if selected, will be laterally transferred with no increase in salary. (An example might be an Accounts Examiner III in Revenue Administration who moves to an Accounts Examiner III in the Enforcement division.)
Complete copies of college transcripts must be furnished to the divisional hiring representative at the time of the interview for positions requiring a college degree, and/or specific educational credits.
Unless otherwise indicated on specific postings, regular attendance is an essential job requirement of all positions. Your application for employment with the Comptroller of Public Accounts may subject you to a criminal background check. All positions requiring a degree and/or licensing require proof of degree and/or license at time of interview. If you are scheduled for an interview and require any reasonable accommodation in our interview process, please inform the hiring representative who calls you to schedule your interview. Whenever possible, please give the hiring representative sufficient time to consider and respond to your request. Only applicants scheduled for interviews will be contacted.
Thank you for considering employment at the Comptroller of Public Accounts! The Comptroller's office is an equal employment opportunity employer.