Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CPA - Spring Semester Statewide Procurement Internship
at Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Spring Semester Internship - 20 hours per week - January 15th to April 17th (2 spots)
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED THROUGH WORK IN TEXAS:
Work In Texas (WIT) applicants must complete the supplemental questions to be considered for the posting. In order to complete the supplemental questions please go to CAPPS Recruit to register or login and access your profile. Go to CAPPS Recruit to Sign In (Link: https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/304/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en )
All applications must contain complete job histories, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
Performs routine (journey-level) contract technical assistance and review work that may include, but are not limited to assisting with contract development, procurement education and policy, aiding outreach efforts, and analyzing state and local government expenditure data, contracts, and procurement requests. Works under moderate supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Students will engage in public procurement activities under the direction and mentoring of the Statewide Procurement Division (SPD). SPD is responsible for state agency procurement guidance, education, and statewide contract development services. Students will gain a wide range of public procurement experience, under the guidance of the Procurement Policy and Outreach Manager.
8 a.m. to 5 p.m., 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday. May occasionally work evenings, weekends or holiday. Hours may change based on business needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with the development of solicitations for statewide Term contracts and non-delegated procurements for client state agencies.
• Helps identify provider resources, describes commodities/services to be rendered, researches information from state agencies, vendors and suppliers; prepares and publishes and helps
evaluate solicitation documents.
• Interprets contract administration policies, procedures, rules; advises and assists staff and customers with contract management policies and procedures.
• Ensures that contract changes are properly documented and uploaded to the Texas SmartBuy online purchasing system.
• Provides written reports to agency management; receives and maintains contract management reports from internal and external customers; utilizes automation tools.
• Plans, coordinates and conducts data analysis and research.
• Aids in the development of procurement policy and education.
• Develops plans, policies and procedures for data analysis and research projects focusing on statewide purchasing and contracting.
• Reviews and organizes data collection and applies statistical methods.
• Assists with reviewing vendor performance reports, mediating scores between agencies and vendors, and reporting any issues with the Vendor Performance Tracking System.
• Assists the Texas SmartBuy Outreach Team provide customer service to Texas SmartBuy members by answering phone inquiries and maintaining the general email inbox.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university with a current GPA of 3.0.
30 semester hours toward a degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Supply Chain Management, Government, Economics, Statistics, Finance, Research Methodology, Information Systems, Social Science or related field.
School/Working experience with data analysis, and/or public procurement.
One year of experience with data analysis and/or public procurement.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the incumbent to primarily perform sedentary office work; however, mobility (standing and walking) is routinely required to carry out some duties. It requires extensive computer, telephone and client/customer contact. It requires the ability to bend, stoop, kneel, and reach as needed for filing and similar routine office duties. The job also requires normal cognitive abilities requiring the ability to learn, recall, and apply certain practices and policies. It requires the stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions. Marginal or corrected visual and auditory requirements are required for reading printed materials and computer screens and communicating with internal and external customers. May involve moving up to 25lbs of office equipment/material on a limited basis. The position requires travel to outlying field offices and other locations as necessary. Air and ground travel are required.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Business practices
• Research methods, principles, techniques and philosophies
• Principles of report writing
• Technology trends in data gathering, standardization and presentation
• Microsoft Office
• Effectively conveying information and encouraging an exchange of ideas (Communication)
• Identifying, defining and solving problems (Problem Solving)
• Use professional conduct
• Work with others to achieve a common goal (Teamwork)
• Adjust to changing workplace demands (Adaptability)
• Meet the needs and expectations of internal and external customers (Customer Service)
• Effectively demonstrate skill and ability to perform the specific job duties and tasks as defined by a job description (Technical Competence)
• Be dependable, meet deadlines and produce high-quality work (Workload Management/Productivity)
In order to receive veteran's preference a copy of your DD214, VA disability rating (if applicable) or a DD1300 must be attached to your application.
Veterans, Reservist or Guardsmen with an MOS or additional duties that fall in the fields of 3044, 3006, 6C0X1, 64PX or other related fields pertaining to the minimum experience requirements may meet the minimum qualifications. Please call Human Resources, CPA Veterans Liaison at 512-475-3560/800-531-5441 for more information or assistance.
Go to http://www.texasskillstowork.com, http://www.onetonline.org, or www.careeronestop.org for assistance translating your military experience and training courses into civilian job terms, qualifications/requirements and skill sets.
Additional Military Crosswalk information can be found at: http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/JobDescriptions.aspx
We fully recognize, honor and enforce the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) and encourage opportunities to hire Veterans, Reservists and Guardsmen.
IMPORTANT NOTES TO THE CANDIDATE:
Candidates may be asked to participate in a skills demonstration and/or presentation.
Salary is contingent upon qualifications and is subject to salary administration and budgetary restrictions.
CPA employees in the same job classification, if selected, will be laterally transferred with no increase in salary. (An example might be an Accounts Examiner III in Revenue Administration who moves to an Accounts Examiner III in the Enforcement division.)
Complete copies of college transcripts must be furnished to the divisional hiring representative at the time of the interview for positions requiring a college degree, and/or specific educational credits.
Unless otherwise indicated on specific postings, regular attendance is an essential job requirement of all positions. Your application for employment with the Comptroller of Public Accounts may subject you to a criminal background check. All positions requiring a degree and/or licensing require proof of degree and/or license at time of interview. If you are scheduled for an interview and require any reasonable accommodation in our interview process, please inform the hiring representative who calls you to schedule your interview. Whenever possible, please give the hiring representative sufficient time to consider and respond to your request. Only applicants scheduled for interviews will be contacted.
Thank you for considering employment at the Comptroller of Public Accounts! The Comptroller's office is an equal employment opportunity employer.