Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physician Urgent Care
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- TC URGENT CARE - WOODLANDS
- Talent Area
- Full/Part Time
Texas Children’s Urgent Care is seeking a Part-time (26/hours a week) BC/BE Pediatrician to join it’s team. With a focus on NW Houston, this physician will primarily serve the needs of children and young adults (up to age 18) in The Woodlands and surrounding communities. The Physician provides assessment, diagnosis, and initiation of treatment and procedures. The role of the Physician is in accordance with the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners.
As part of the Urgent Care team, physicians enjoy a flexible schedule, competitive salary, double coverage and the support of an RN. Part-time physicians are eligible for comprehensive benefits.
- Treat a wide variety of ailments, illnesses and injuries such as: asthma, strep throat, fever, minor burns, influenza, ear infections, allergic reactions, fractures, sprains and strains, and more.
- Perform procedures such as: x-rays, splinting, laceration repair, foreign body removal and I&Ds.
- Educate patient/family.
- Document information in patient's charts regarding assessment, diagnosis, treatment and education.
- BC/BE in Pediatrics
- Current Texas Medical License and Active DEA Certification
- BLS required; PALS preferred
- Experience/Training interpreting diagnostic laboratory and radiologic studies
- Experience/Training performing minor procedures including suturing and splinting
Texas Children’s Urgent Care offers high-quality, efficient and affordable after-hours patient care in eleven convenient community locations across the greater Houston area. Texas Children’s Urgent Care has also expanded to serve the children and families of Austin, Texas, with its first community location in South Austin. Staffed by board-certified pediatricians who have privileges at Texas Children’s Hospital, our Urgent Care team can diagnose and treat a wide variety of common pediatric ailments, illnesses and conditions and provide procedures.
As part of our goal to build a community of healthy children, Texas Children’s Urgent Care provides trusted, high-quality pediatric medical services for children who otherwise would seek care from emergency centers or possibly go without care or treatment due to low family incomes and/or lack of health insurance.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.