Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistant - Austin
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Shift Description
- 8a - 5p
We are searching for a Medical Assistant for our Austin clinic — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll gather information, assess and provide direct care to patients. This role works collaboratively with other members of the health care team to render age-appropriate care
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in the collection of patient/family data that may include biophysical, psychosocial, developmental, cultural, and environmental information per practice protocol
- Assists the provider, as directed, during treatments, exams, and testing as directed by the provider and within the scope of practice
- Administers medication and immunizations as directed by the provider per practice protocol
- Supports patient/families in self-management of their health through assisting with education
- Identifies and documents network providers for appropriate referral
- Collects and processes specimens according to the manufacturer’s instructions and using proper technique
- Demonstrates the creating SMILES and AIDET philosophies to patients, families, and co-workers
Skills & Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Graduation from a medical assistant or emergency medical technician program
- BLS -Basic Life Support Certification from the American Heart Association
- 1 year of related work experience
- Primary care experience
- Pediatric experience
Texas Children's Pediatrics is the largest pediatric primary care network in the country with more than 50 practices and more than 250 board-certified physicians throughout the Houston and Austin areas. Texas Children's Pediatrics provides expert care dedicated to meeting the needs of infants to teenagers, and physicians offer full-service pediatric care including: prenatal consultations, well-child visits, care of illness, care and treatment of minor injuries, vaccinations and immunizations, school and sports physicals, hearing and vision screening, among other services. For more information, visit texaschildrenspediatrics.org or texaschildrenspediatricsaustin.org.