Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at TeleCommunication Systems
TX, Fort Hood
# of openings:
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The position requires the individual has exceptional knowledge of RF Communications Systems and an advanced knowledge of IP Network concepts to include routing and switching technologies. Candidate must be capable of training first-level troubleshooting and implementing RF Communications Systems and basic networks as directed. Candidate must have knowledge of system encryption techniques. Previous work experience should include working with military or commercial RF Communications Systems and conducting training in a formal environment. Candidate will need to have experience with Satellite and Line of Sight (LOS) transport methods (FDMA/TDMA/DAMA). Candidate will be required to be the Subject Matter Expert on all pieces of equipment that is being trained and/or supported.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
At our core, Comtech employees are driven by innovation. We are leaders in the advanced global commercial and government communications market. A career at Comtech enables you to design, develop, produce and market innovative products, systems and services for advanced communications solutions. You will facilitate and enhance the way people, businesses, and governments communicate around the world.
Comtech Command & Control Technologies is a leading provider of mission critical solutions to government and civilian agencies with a focus on C4ISR solutions using any type of network, whether mobile, fixed, static, terrestrial, marine, airborne or in space. In order to help our customers, combat a growing number of cyber-attacks on their systems, we provide training and certification and vulnerability compliance assessment. Comtech designs, develops, produces and markets innovative products, systems and services for advanced communications solutions. We are technology leaders in the markets that we serve and conduct our business through Government solutions. Our market segments consist of: Tactical Communications, Space & Component Technology, Mobile Datacom, and Cyber Security Solutions.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Provide training and Networking field support on Satellite-Based Military and Commercial VSAT, LOS Radio, Routing & Switching Networking, and Wireless Communication Technologies.
- Provide technical writing and training development for both technical and training documentation.
- Establish documentation guidelines, procedures, templates, and developing/coordinating final production of deliverables as required by the customer.
- Responsible for providing general maintenance, inspection, and repair of VSAT systems (SNAP/Tampa Microwave/ISA); providing timely responses to emergency site repairs and resolution of problems.
- Responsible for supporting and training complex engineering activities to include defining system requirements and developing technical solutions to address those requirements, hardware / software selection, input to work breakdown schedules, and documentation, in support of customer requirements.
Operating/maintaining antenna controllers, power amplifiers (HPA/SSPA), up and down converters (LNA/LNB/BUC/BDC), Fiber Optic/Coax/Ethernet Cable, FDMA/TDMA modems (satellite modems). Experience and skill with commercial and military satellite acquisition procedures are required.
Minimum CCNA certification with requisite knowledge of Routing and Switching protocols. Working knowledge in these areas is required: Routing, Switching, VOIP, and QoS. Understanding, configuration and troubleshooting ability of DMVPN Architecture, Routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, RIP), Switching fundamentals (VLANS, VTP, Port Security, Spanning Tree), Cisco Encryption Concepts within a DMVPN Architecture, and an understanding of TCP Acceleration over Satellite concepts.
Potential candidates with prior experience operating SNAP, Tampa Microwave, ISA, DTech, Klaus, and T2C2 systems are encouraged to apply,
- Ability to operate TDMA and FDMA satellite modems.
- Ability to configure Cryptographic encryption devices.
- Ability to troubleshoot a VSAT Satellite terminal down to the lowest replaceable unit to include knowledge of RF signal flow.
- Ability to manipulate a provided baseline router configuration within a given network to establish connectivity with the distant end to provide services to the end user.
- Knowledge of X, Ka and Ku satellite bands.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP accelerators, Routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, RIP), and Switching fundamentals in conjunction with a SATCOM network.
- Experience in procedures for accessing commercial and military satellites.
- Ability to coordinate and execute operational requirements with minimal oversight.
- Ability to meet eligibility requirements to access classified information.
- Must possess interpersonal skills required to effectively and tactfully communicate with the customer and other team members.
- CCNA Routing/Switching Required
- SECRET Clearance Required
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Position is in Fort Hood, Texas but potential travel up to 75-100% expected to deploy with Unit to remote locations. Typical uplifts apply when deployed where applicable (hazard/hardship/cola).
- Other training/certifications applicable: A+, NET+, CCNP, GVF Certifications are a plus.
- Medical screening in conjunction with the US Army CRC (CONUS Replacement Center) guidelines.
Comtech offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and flexible paid time off options, for eligible employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account
- STD, LTD, Supplemental Life insurance and AD&D
- Comprehensive 401k plan and Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Vacation, Personal and Sick time
- 10 paid holidays
- Bereavement and jury duty leave
COMTECH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.