Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- # of Openings
- Job Locations
- Ministry Staff
The Area Director will prayerfully create and sustain the plan to grow the FCA ministry in the assigned geography through Board, Donor and Staff development. The Area Director is responsible for working with staff and volunteers to fund and manage the finances of the ministry. As the spiritual leader, guided by God and devoted to Jesus Christ, the Area Director models the FCA values of Integrity, Serving, Teamwork and Excellence in dealing with staff, volunteers, athletes and coaches.
Leadership Board Ministry Development
- Establish effective and diverse Leadership Boards in accordance with FCA best practices
- Ensure ongoing training and development for Boards, focusing on the Board Chairman
Financial Ministry Development
- Be the chief resource raiser in the area
- Establish annual donor ministry plan with focus on developing and training staff in growing Home Teams, Events and Major Donors (Tom Landry Associates)
- Provide annual budget and financial management for the area in accordance with FCA policies
Staff Ministry Development
- Ensure FCA in the area is equipped to advance the ministry “to and through the coach” by growing huddles, events, training and resources
- Oversee recruiting, hiring, training and retention of quality and diverse staff aligned with FCA’s ministry philosophy, “to and through the coach” for area and global region
- Recruit: Identify staff prospects and communicate a compelling vision as to a specific ministry opportunity within FCA
- Hire: Through prayerful consideration and spiritual discernment, select candidates to fulfill specific roles and responsibilities based upon their calling, character, competency, commitment and chemistry
- Train: Provide staff, Board Members and volunteers the knowledge and resources necessary to increase their level of competency in order to effectively serve in their roles and fulfill their responsibilities
- Retain: Create and maintain an environment of community where staff feel valued, equipped and empowered to serve in their current roles, as well as grow personally and professionally to serve in potential future roles
- Strategic Thinker
- Can develop a strategic plan based upon S.M.A.R.T. goals for their local area that facilitates the vision and mission of FCA becoming reality
- Can communicate the strategic plan in a compelling manner that builds excitement among staff, boards, donors and volunteers, translating the plan into action and ministry growth
- Is self-motivated to take action on tasks and see them through to completion
- Manages time effectively to assure responsibilities are met and S.M.A.R.T. goals are achieved
- Is not overly reliant upon supervisor direction to get the job done
- Communication Skills
- Can effectively communicate thoughts and ideas through verbal and written skills
- Can speak publically in a confidant and compelling way, inspiring others to take action
- Can adjust style of communication based upon the audience or listener
- Can listen well and ask questions to ensure understanding
- Can facilitate and lead meetings
- Can build an effective team through the empowerment of staff and volunteers
- Can attract and retain high quality individuals
- Presents a professional image in terms of temperament, style and attitude
- Takes personal responsibility for fulfilling commitments
- Coaching and Development of People
- Sets clear and measureable performance goals for staff and volunteers within their specific roles
- Identifies strengths and developmental needs in the people they lead
- Assures that all people they lead are properly trained to fulfill their responsibilities
- Holds people accountable for goals and deadlines
- Gives specific, constructive, objective-based feedback and recognition
- Results Oriented
- Can effectively organize people and resources to accomplish S.M.A.R.T. goals
- Acts with a sense of urgency and passion
- Can handle several different projects at one time
- Identifies and implements various methods of generating revenue
- Assures that objectives are met
FCA employees shall be expected to model FCA’s Christian beliefs for the larger community, perform all of their duties as a service to God, and comply with the following obligations:
- Beliefs: Each FCA employee shall affirm his or her agreement with FCA’s Statement of Faith and shall not subscribe to or promote any religious beliefs inconsistent with these beliefs.
- Christian Conduct Standards: FCA employees shall at all times (both during working and non-working hours) endeavor to conduct themselves in a manner that affirms biblical standards of conduct in accordance with FCA’s Christian beliefs. Such conduct standards include FCA’s Youth Protection Policy and Sexual Purity Statement.
- Distinctly Christian Activities: FCA employees shall be ready, willing, and able to lead or contribute to distinctly Christian activities such as lead worship, bible study and conduct prayer services.
- Ministerial Duties: FCA employees shall daily spend time in prayer and in the Word, share Christ through word and life, and seek the Lord’s will for the ministry of FCA. FCA staff will worship and seek weekly involvement in a local church, be a religious leader and in some cases serve under the authority and assignment of the local church.
This position is at-will employment, meaning that either the employee or FCA can discontinue employment at any time, with or without notice and with or without cause. Also, FCA can modify this Position Description at any time. The Position Description does not create a contract (express or implied) or enforceable promise or representation.
Job Description & Activities
This position will be working with the current Area Director in the Texas Hill Country, to be trained and developed into assuming all responsibilities by fall of 2019.
The Hill Country region is primarily a rural country area made up of smaller country towns spread across a wide territory. The Area Director will be charged with building an effective Leadership Board and volunteer base to work alongside FCA staff yet to be identified in each of these communities.