Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Escrow Officer, Closer
at Taylor Morrison
Job Description SummaryAs a Senior Escrow Officer/Senior Closer working for Inspired Title Services, the Title company for Taylor Morrison, you will be responsible to efficiently and effectively manage the escrow and closing transaction from title & escrow order opening through closing, disbursement, recording, and title policy. You will communicate daily with, and shall be responsible to foster and maintain good relationships with, internal teams, lenders, real estate agents, surveyors, customers and vendors to ensure smooth and accurate residential and commercial closings. In addition, you will be responsible to exercise significant independent judgment, and possess the knowledge, experience, and interpersonal skills necessary to efficiently handle any situation which may arise before or during the closing.
We trust that as a Senior Escrow Officer/Senior Closer you will: (Responsibilities)
- Manage the entire real estate closing/escrow process, including compliance with real estate contracts, lender instructions, title requirements, closing/escrow requirements, company requirements and other written instructions
- Mentor/train, and supervise if requested by management, other escrow officers/closers
- Conduct residential and commercial closings with customers, realtors, lenders, and attorneys
- Work closely with internal teams, lenders, real estate agents, surveyors, customers and vendors to accomplish a closed transaction in a timely, efficient and error-free manner
- Prepare Closing Disclosure and the ALTA Settlement Statement and all other closing documents necessary for the transaction
- Effectively address any closing related questions. From internal teams, lenders, real estate agents, surveyors, customers and vendors with accuracy and poise
- Collaborate with management to resolve title issues such as legal descriptions, easements, lot splits, vesting, all tax liens, abstracts of judgments, bankruptcies, boundary disputes, encroachments, list pendants, etc.
- Secure all documents (corrective and others) that may be required for the successful close of escrow/closing and the issuance of title insurance
- Oversee the issuance of checks, bills and statements, receipts, and any other documents needed to ensure customer satisfaction
- Prior to disbursement, confirm all funds are collected (good funds), all appropriate documents are checked for accuracy, signatures are collected, and notary acknowledgements and legal descriptions are correct.
- Prior to recording, verify all legal documents for correct notary acknowledgements, legal, and lien information
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (Competencies, Behaviors & Attributes)
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Drive for Results
- Priority Setting
- Five plus (5+) years recent experience working as an escrow officer/closer for a title company or law firm handling primarily real estate transactions
- Proven experience with residential and commercial closing transactions
- Seven plus (7+) years recent experience balancing closing disclosures/settlement statements
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree or seven plus (7+) years related escrow experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Experience with SoftPro, or other cloud-based title production software
- Demonstrating your ability to improve the processes and keeping up to date status to management on each transaction will win you this great job
- Ability to mentor/train, and supervise (if requested by management) two or more escrow officers/closers and their escrow assistants
- Closing knowledge, experience and interpersonal skills necessary to be a valued resource to internal teams, lenders, real estate agents, surveyors, customers and vendors to accomplish a closed transaction in a timely, efficient and error-free manner. Managing the expectations of our internal and external customers through the process is vital
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- Interviewing, selecting, and training employees
- Setting rates of pay and hours of work
- Appraising productivity; handling employee grievances or complaints, or disciplining employees
- Determining work techniques
- Planning the work
- Apportioning work among employees
- Determining the types of equipment to be used in performing work, or materials needed
- Planning budgets for work
- Monitoring work for legal or regulatory compliance
- Providing for safety and security of the workplace
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to oversee direct reports daily and provide guidance as needed
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.