Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse – Outpatient-Endoscopy Intraoperative
- # of Openings
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Northwest Hills Surgical Hospital, and its affiliated physicians and partners, are committed to delivering high quality surgical services to ensure superior patient experiences and clinical outcomes. We are dedicated to providing exceptional care in a fun, friendly, professional and safe environment. Our Staff is critical to our success. Northwest Hills Surgical Hospital is an eight bed general acute care hospital offering inpatient and outpatient procedures. We specialize in Pain Management, Ophthalmology, General Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Gastroenterology, Orthopedics, and Podiatry.
For more information on Northwest Hills Surgical Hospital, visit www.northwesthillssurgical.com
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Position Description: Registered Nurse – Outpatient-Endoscopy Intraoperative
Procedure Room RN will be responsible for full nursing care of assigned patients. Assesses plans, gives and evaluates nursing care needed for assigned patients; teaches self-help measures to patients and family members. Position may serve in a precepting/mentoring role for lower level staff nurses.
- Verifies procedure with patient in pre-op, receives verbal hand-off communication from pre-op, and conducts time out assuring active participation by all members of team.
- Assures H&P's are current and updated at time of procedure.
- Counts and labels medications and/or specimens on and off the sterile field
- Assures medications are administered timely according to protocols.
- Accurately documents the times of each procedure, monitors, and records and communicates patient’s condition during procedure.
- Must have good organizational skills, work independently, educated on the use of equipment needed to perform procedures in the Endoscopy department.
- Improves nursing practice and work environment through participation in decision making processes in the unit.
- Function as a team member and works collaboratively and interdependently with fellow team members and other departments in the hospital. Shares information appropriately.
Education, Vocational Training and Experience
- Associate Degree in Nursing or Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- 3-5 years of Clinical Experience
- RN License in the State of Texas, Certifications: BLS, ACLS
Please send resumes to Barbara.firstname.lastname@example.org