Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Surgical Technician
- # of Openings
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Facility Description: Hays Surgery Center is a beautiful Ambulatory Surgical Center in Kyle, Texas Our commitment is to deliver high-quality surgical services to ensure superior patient experiences and clinical outcomes. We are dedicated to provide exceptional care in a fun, friendly, professional and safe environment. Our Staff is critical to our success. Hays Surgery Center is a multispecialty outpatient surgery center with five OR Suites. We specialize in Pain Management, Ophthalmology, General Surgery, Spine, Orthopedics and Podiatry. We are open on Monday through Friday.
For more information on Hays Surgery Center, visit www.hayssurgerycenter.com
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Position Title: Certified Surgical Technician
Position Report to: Director of Nursing
Degree of Supervision Provided to Position: Medium, must be self-directed and works under direction of the Registered Nurse.
The Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) is responsible for the provision of patient care to meet identified patient outcomes, and to achieve the goals of the facility as directed by the Registered Nurse. The CST performs duties according to scope of practice designated by the facility position description, role and responsibilities and according to the surgical technologist professional organization and certification board.
- Delivers safe patient care as directed by the Registered Nurse and according to facility policy and procedure.
- Ensures provision of patient care daily in an organized and timely manner.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures when providing patient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of specific responsibilities in all emergency situations.
- Demonstrates ability to respond to patient care needs in an emergency situation and under direction of Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse.
- Initiates and implements basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation (BCLS) under the direction of the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse.
- Demonstrates ability to meet patients and family's learning needs as identified in the plan of care under the direction of the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse.
- Orients the patient and family to the patient care environment and facility routines as directed by Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse.
- Assists the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse to implement the teaching plan for the patient and family as directed.
- Assists the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse to provide appropriate interventions related to patient and environmental safety issues.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and competence of designated skills identified for position.
- Completes competencies and competencies checklists for education and training specific to job position, duties, role and responsibilities and according to facility policy and schedule.
- Functions as a certified scrub technician in the operating room/ procedure room under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
- Assists with gowning and gloving other members of the surgical team.
- Assists with the preparation of the operating room for surgical procedures.
- Assists with skin preparations and with draping of patients.
- Assists with care, preparation, maintenance and after-care of sterile and un-sterile supplies and equipment.
- Knows and practices the principles and procedures of sterile technique.
- Handles specimens in accordance with facility policy and procedures.
- Removes drapes at end of procedure, cleanses the patients of prep solution and applies dressing as needed.
- Cleans and/or disinfects instruments and equipment after use and returns it to the proper area for storage or processing.
- Differentiates sterilization methods required for specific instruments and equipment.
- Participates in sponge, instrument and needle count with the circulating nurse.
- Demonstrates ability to understand and use sterilizers, high-level disinfectors, instrument washers, and other designated processors.
- Demonstrates ability to understand use, function, interpretation, documentation, and record-keeping of chemical and biological indicators related to instrument and equipment high-level disinfection and sterilization processes.
- Demonstrates understanding of operating room/procedure room technical equipment according to manufacturer’s guidelines, policy and procedures.
- Assists with stocking, replenishing and preparation of supplies.
- Updates knowledge in surgical techniques and related nursing care.
- Checks updated schedule every morning and prepares room supplies and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Graduate of a recognized and accredited Operating Room Technician Program.
- Prior Experience as an ORT preferred.
- Current Surgical Technologist certification.
- Successful completion of BCLS Course within 90 days of employment or documentation of current BCLS certification.
Please send resumes to Jude.Geroy@scasurgery.com