Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Office Manager
- Full Time Employee
- # of Openings
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Northwest Hills Surgical Hospital, and its affiliated physicians and partners, are committed to delivering high quality surgical services to ensure superior patient experiences and clinical outcomes. We are dedicated to providing exceptional care in a fun, friendly, professional and safe environment. Our Staff is critical to our success. Northwest Hills Surgical Hospital is an eight bed general acute care hospital offering inpatient and outpatient procedures. We specialize in Pain Management, Ophthalmology, General Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Gastroenterology, Orthopedics, and Podiatry.
For more information on Northwest Hills Surgical Hospital, visit www.northwesthillssurgical.com.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Provide operational support to the facility by performing various business office functions. These functions are to include (but not limited to): Human Resources, Medical Records, Credentialing, Admissions/Intake, Accounts Payable, Billing, Collections, Clinical Logs, month end reporting and other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate the Business Office team and functions to ensure our operations run smoothly and efficiently
- Responsible for direct supervision of non-medical personnel, including orientation, ongoing coaching and annual evaluations
- Responsible for human resource procedures at Hawthorn Surgery Center
- As a working manager, is the backup to all business office teammates
- Ensures that administrative and accounting procedures are carried out timely and accurately and monitors reports
- Responsible for office supplies and equipment and is main contact for building maintenance items
- Acts as liaison with billing company, building maintenance and housekeeping companies which includes contract evaluation and negotiations
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of payroll and forward to corporate for processing.
- Works closely with Clinical Director so that the flow of the overall operation is most efficient, reporting all activities to the Administrator.
- Works closely with the Administrator to promote the utilization of the Surgery Center.
- Responsible for the accurate interpretation and implementation of the terms of contracts with all third-party payers.
- Answers telephone as needed
- Demonstrates competency in performing job task and in operating equipment on an annual basis
- Performs other miscellaneous administrative duties as needed
- Minimum of an Associate degree (Bachelors preferred)
- 5 years of experience in a medically- related environment required- surgery center experience a plus
- Supervisor of non-medical teammates required
- Medical terminology knowledge required
- Experience with patient admissions, scheduling, medical office operations desired
- An understanding of how insurance processes work including the verification process required
- Computer experience, Excel, Word, Medical Billing Software and Applications.
- Experience with SharePoint and Survey monkey preferred but not required
- Good communication skills and phone etiquette.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.