Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dealer Business Manager
We are looking for a dynamic Sales professional to join our team in Austin, TX. The Dealer Business Manager will be responsible for driving and supporting Steelcase sales objectives for one of our largest dealer networks and will play a significant role in identifying and closing new business opportunities. As the liaison between the Steelcase regional team and our dealer partners, this position requires someone who has a strong ability to cultivate new and existing relationships. You will focus on:
- Partnering with dealer leadership to drive Steelcase sales;
- Ensuring dealers meet sales goals and sell the complete Steelcase portfolio;
- Developing account plans for the dealership;
- Developing and tracking dealer specific plans including setting overall target and profitability goals, setting specific brand target goals, and working with Dealer management to ensure plans are achieved;
- Strategically planning to build and retain dealer mindshare;
Our Dealer Business Managers demonstrate strong leadership qualities and serve the lead point of contact for the larger Sales team within the region (Specialists, Account Managers, etc.) on dealer business activity. They excel at ensuring that internal teams are properly aligned for seamless execution on projects.
- Strong business and financial acumen with broad exposure and understanding of corporate strategies
- Self-motivated, well-adapted and willing to accept responsibility for results
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of issues meaningful to our overall organization and business and keeps that knowledge current
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Able to lead and influence others without direct reporting relationship
- Able to dedicatedly recognize dealer needs (e.g., training and support) and align resources to meet them
- Able to craft “win/win” situations & be viewed as the “dealer advocate”
- Sets high goals and standards for self and others in the organization.
- Self-starter; committed to excellence: accuracy in work and attention to detail
- Extensive management skills for coordination of large projects using a multi-disciplined team approach.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and CRM
You will have strategic and consultative sales experience, preferably within the contract furniture or like industry. New Business Development background and experience working with distribution partners is very beneficial. Bachelor of Business or related degree required; Master in Business Administration a plus.
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.