Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Driver Helper in Pflugerville, TX at Star Furniture
at Star Furniture
Star Furniture is hiring for a reliable and dedicated Driver Helper to assist our Drivers in delivery of orders to our customers. Our Driver Helpers are reliable, dependable and work at the first point of contact with the customer’s order is delivered. The ideal candidate will be dedicated to providing an excellent customer service experience to our customers!
About Star Furniture
Star Furniture, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a premier home furnishings retailer known for our quality control and customer service. Star Furniture operates twelve stores in Texas and is ranked fourth in the nation in furniture sales. We proudly sell home furniture, mattresses, bedding, rugs, draperies and more.
For over 100 years, Star has been providing our employees with the tools and training to succeed in a fast-paced environment. As we continue to grow, Star Furniture is searching for motivated individuals with a desire to work for a first-class furnishings retailer with top-notch customer service and quality. Join our team today!
Reports to: Delivery Manager
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Call customers for today’s delivery to confirm arrival time, notify if special instructions or if running late.
- Inspect the merchandise for quality before wrapping and loading by contract on truck.
- In uniform, steel toed shoes and back support at all times on the job.
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude towards the customer.
- Set-up, deluxing, moving furniture and possibly picking up old bedding is required in the customer’s home.
- Driver and helper unload all merchandise through Get Back and review paperwork.
- Experience in driving a straight truck in a safe manner. Person that is not driving is required to be a spotter every time the truck backs up
- Responsible for understanding state regulations for safe operation of commercial
This includes completing a daily pre-trip and post trip inspection
- Use of pens, clipboard, map books, & cell phone
- Reading and communication skills in English
- Use of basic hand tools such as, screwdriver, drill, saw, wrench. Use of deluxing materials such as touch-up markers, polish, glass cleaner
- Basic home delivery skills in using a dolly, hand truck, ties and pads
- A minimum of 21 years of age and a good driving record
- 2 years of experience in a customer service environment
- Must be able to work weekends as needed
- The work will be performed in the warehouse, outdoors and in the customer’s home
- Capable of working in a warehouse environment and physically handling the hot and cold climatic changes
- Exposures to dust, chemicals and diesel exhaust fumes in an open-air environment
- Safety glasses, dust mask and plastic gloves are provided for associate use upon
- Exposure to diesel fuel when refueling truck
- Lifting 150 - 50 pounds with frequent lifting, carrying upstairs and in awkward positions
- In an 8-hour workday associate may stand or/and walk from 4-6 hours
- In an 8-hour workday associate may sit or/and drive from 3-5 hours
- Associate may use hands for grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling
from 5 – 6 hours (includes drive time)
- Associate may frequently bend, twist, squat, climb and reach from 2 – 4 hours
- Approximate percentage of time required for stamina is 100%, seeing 100%, talking
100%, hearing 100% while on the job
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive base hourly
- Health, Dental, Vision insurance coverage
- Generous employee discount
Job Location: 14051 I-35 N., Pflugerville, TX 78660