Stanley Black & Decker
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Install Technician III
at Stanley Black & Decker
Install Technician III
US - SSS - CSS
State / Country / Province
Are you interested in joining one of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies? If so, you have come to the right place. Stanley Black & Decker is an $11B Fortune 500 company that offers a rich and storied history dating back to 1843.
This opportunity resides within STANLEY Electronic Security NA, a global division of Stanley Black & Decker. At STANLEY Electronic Security NA we design, install, service, and monitor electronic security systems that integrate intrusion, fire, video surveillance, access control and monitoring applications. With today's most comprehensive solutions, services, and technologies, STANLEY Electronic Security NA is the electronic security system provider of choice for industrial, government, commercial, and national account customers such as schools, hospitals, retailers, financial institutions, airports and more.
Currently, we are in an accelerated growth phase in a rapidly expanding industry. There’s never been a better time to join our security team. We are seeking a motivated, self-driven individual looking for a long-term position as an Install Technician for our Security Business.
- Install, intrusion, fire CCTV, and access control security systems.
- Run electrical wiring in attics, crawl spaces and other confined spaces, which can include drilling, trenching and aerial runs.
- Complete all wiring, connections, and equipment installations ensuring that security systems are complete and satisfy customer and contractual requirements.
- Troubleshoot new system installations to ensure proper function and to ensure system meets local, county, state, or federal codes; legal and/or insurance requirements.
- Assist and interface with the Installation Team Lead or Project Manager regarding on-site scheduling of work activities and timely delivery of equipment.
- Proper documentation of installation issues/actions/resolutions both internally and externally (site visit reports, acceptance forms, service tickets, etc.)
- Perform installation and repair work as designated in profitable and proper manner. Records productive time versus travel time.
- Promote, build, and maintain good customer relations and assists with contract retention.
- Maintain adequate parts inventory for service vehicle; keep inventory log.
- Maintain company propriety and documentation in accordance with established policies; handle proprietary information in the prescribed manner; adhere to and supports Stanley Convergent Security Solutions, Inc. policies and procedures including all safety requirements.
- Keep updated on all changes/modifications to equipment and Ansi 156.10 standard through published communications (TechTip). Attend and complete training programs as requested.
5+ years experience installing and/or servicing intrusion, fire alarm, access control and CCTV security systems
Programming and troubleshooting experience required
High School Diploma required
A valid state driver’s license, without restrictions is required
Bosch, Honeywell, Radionics, or DMP system knowledge preferred
Lenel experience is preferred
Fire Alarm License is preferred
Edwards/EST, Simplex, or GE/Mirtone system knowledge preferred
Climb ladders that extend up to 24 ft. in height
Carry weights from 75 pounds
Ability to work on-call on a rotational basis covering after hours & weekend emergency calls
Vocational/Technical Degree in related electrical, mechanical, industrial field or the equivalent combination of education and related work experience
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.