St Edward's University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Photographer/Videographer (Recurring, 9 Month Position)
at St Edward's University
- MKTG - Marketing
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
Photographer/Videographer (Recurring 9 Month Position)
The award-winning St. Edward's University marketing office delivers innovative and integrated marketing programs including reputation management, brand management, recruitment and retention marketing. We communicate the St. Edward's experience to increase awareness of the university, support recruitment and retention goals, and empower the university's brand advocates.
This role serves the marketing office in a dual capacity, both as a photographer and videographer. As the photographer, you will capture images that support the university's recruitment and retention efforts. These efforts include portraits, candids of special events and campus life as well as staged shoots for use in university recruitment and retention publications in print and online. As the videographer, your duties include planning, shooting, editing and preparation of video for use on our website, email and social media. The ideal fit will be someone who is able to tell a compelling story through photo and video, have great technical proficiency in planning, shooting and editing, and ultimately make the university brand come alive. This person must be self-motivated and able to work independently while also working collaboratively across the university. There will be some local travel required for this position based on project parameters.
This is a recurring nine month, benefits-eligible position.
- Deliver exciting and engaging content that increases brand awareness and effectiveness through purposeful planning and execution.
- Actively participate in conceptual development of visuals and provide creative ideas and suggestions throughout project cycle.
- Coordinate and communicate shoot details with creative team and subjects.
- Manage pre-production, shooting, sourcing necessary assets and post-production of photo and video projects for distribution in print, on social media, email and university website.
- Manage photo & video library along with photo-pulls while also helping establish new photo/video management procedures as needed.
- Travel to local, off-campus locations to document events and programs.
- Occasional night and weekend shoots may be required.
- Minimum of undergraduate degree in photojournalism or related field.
- Minimum of two years of photography, videography and editing experience.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience coordinating/scheduling photo assignments and meeting deadlines.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills required.
- Experience capturing staged, active and candid photography and videography.
- Experience as a photographer/videographer in marketing, publications or higher education preferred.
- Ability to operate, troubleshoot, and maintain photo and video equipment and systems.
- Successful candidate must complete an employment and/or criminal background check.
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an online application at https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply to our vacancies and hire only U.S. Citizens and documented workers. We do not offer sponsorship at this time.
Reference #: J18151