St Edward's University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Marketing
at St Edward's University
- MKTG - Marketing
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Marketing
BASIC FUNCTION: Focus on increasing awareness and conversion of prospective undergraduates and graduate students. This role reports to the Vice President for Marketing and Communications and works closely with roles throughout the marketing office as well as the Vice President for Admissions, directors in the Office of Admission and Student Financial Services and the Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree and a minimum of six years of integrated marketing experience. 3+ years' experience in a supervisory role, managing multiple employees. Experience building and refining results-oriented demand generation programs. Ability to effectively work within a martech stack, preferably with Marketo, Drupal, Hootsuite, Google Analytics and Tableau experience. Understanding of university enrollment strategy and approach. Successful track record with project management and crossteam coordination. Experience working with creative and content development. Analytical skills and the ability to make data-driven recommendations. Ability to proactively provide solutions to business challenges and align strategically with other university leadership roles. Organized, articulate, creative, and thrive with self-directed work. Track record of piloting ideas, iterating and improving marketing programs. Must possess an unencumbered driver's license and the ability to successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Develop and execute an integrated marketing strategy to drive qualified leads through the funnel.
- Oversee program and data management, measurement, analysis and optimization of marketing activities.
- Lead and mentor a team that delivers email, social media and advertising programs, digital design, management of the university website and marketing data.
- Develop and oversee demand generation vendors and activities.
- Create content marketing strategy and collaborate with the roles that execute those design and writing projects.
- Manage the marketing relationship and forge strong partnerships with Admission and Student Financial Services including cross department working teams.
- Serve as a marketing leader providing strategic direction that is aligned with the St. Edward's University strategic plan and serve on the Enrollment Leadership Team.
- Other duties as assigned.
SCHEDULE: This is an exempt position and your expected work schedule is Monday through Friday. As an exempt employee your schedule may vary based on the number of hours needed to meet the job responsibilities. The individual holding this position may need to be available early morning, evening, and weekends to meet the needs of the department.
OCCUPATIONAL GROUP: Exempt/Learned Professional
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: General supervision is received by the Vice President of Marketing.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Functional supervision is provided to student workers.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Physical strength/endurance to enable him/her to perform/participate in the following activities:
- Physically able to lift various materials up to 25 pounds on an occasional basis.
- While performing required job tasks, physically able to bend, crouch and reach continuously.
- While performing required job tasks, physically able to climb stairs, ladders or scaffolding as necessary.
- While performing required job tasks, physically able to remain seated, frequently to continuously.
- Possesses dexterity abilities required to perform typing, operate a computer and other office equipment, to perform filing, and related job responsibilities and attention to detail competence.
- Physically able to spend significant time reading both on paper and on a computer.
- Ability to travel by car and plane for University business. Ability to drive.
EXPECTATIONS: The incumbent is expected to have or possess:
- Ability to handle highly confidential material, understanding that all University information should only be disclosed to others who have a need to know, for legitimate business reasons. Have the ability to exercise and apply sound judgment and decision making skills as well as the ability to maintain integrity and confidentiality of data.
- Has advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite software programs. Ability to quickly learn new technology and is self-motivated to stay current with emerging technologies.
- Ability to edit work for spelling and grammar, present numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adapt to change in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Ability to accept supervision, assignments, change and correction. Proven effectiveness in dealing with a wide range of professionals, staff, and administrators.
- Ability to balance priorities to accomplish assigned tasks within the required time frame and be able to shift quickly between several tasks without loss of continuity.
- Engage in meaningful and intentional professional development appropriate for areas of responsibility and actively engage in personal and campus well-being initiatives.
- Carry out all responsibilities and objectives in professional manner.
- Accept and render constructive criticism in a professional manner.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures established by St. Edwards University.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at https://stedwards.applicantpro.com Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We currently are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.