Southwest Key Programs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Southwest Key Programs
- Job ID
- # Positions
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the payment of W-2 wages/salaries for assigned program employees. The Payroll Specialist will work closely with other departments within Southwest Key to ensure that the Payroll Department has all necessary information to process payroll on a semi-monthly basis, including adjusting journal entries in the general ledger. The Payroll Specialist will maintain a flexible, organized, and efficient work schedule and is subject to work extended hours.
- Perform the full range of recordkeeping and payroll processing activities.
- Establish and maintain employee/payroll records.
- Audit timekeeping records for accurate pay and compliance with established organization standards.
- Maintain time and attendance records.
- Enter new hires into the timekeeping and payroll systems.
- Post changes in pay and tax status; compute wage and overtime payments; calculate and record payroll deductions.
- Process approved requests for paycheck advances.
- Process terminations.
- Calculate and prepare general ledger entries.
- Adhoc reporting.
- Process garnishments and levies as required.
- Respond in a timely manner to all pay inquiries.
- Provide support and back-up to Human Resource Department as needed.
- The ability to react to change and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) years of payroll processing experience.
- Knowledge of payroll processing.
- Knowledge of Dynamics/Great Plains Payroll System.
- Understanding of Kronos timekeeping system.
- CPP certification.
- Bilingual - Spanish
Experience processing school/charter school payroll.
Must be able to read, write, and communicate both verbally and in written form to express and exchange ideas. While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee must be able to access all components of work station and other office equipment. Frequent typing, writing, stooping, reaching, bending and twisting. Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
General office environment with moderate noise. This position is mostly sedentary, involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. A busy environment with many unscheduled interruptions. Frequent computer use at workstation for extended periods of time. Public contact position requiring appropriate business apparel.