Southwest Key Programs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Generalist-Youth Justice, Headquarters, EAPrep
at Southwest Key Programs
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Human Resources
The Human Resources Generalist acts as the ‘customer-facing’ business partner to the leadership team and employee population of the assigned business unit and/or geographic area of responsibility. This role provides expertise and direct support in the areas of employee relations, performance management, recruiting and selection, compensation/benefits administration, and employee training/development. The HR Generalist will be the primary point of contact to the assigned ‘customer’ base, from the standpoint of managing the administration of human resources policies, procedures and programs. The number of employees this position supports depends on the seasonal and operational needs of the organization. The HR Generalist will leverage the HR ‘specialist’ team at Headquarters, as needed, to deliver high quality HR services, and help execute the organization’s overall HR strategy. The HR Generalist position is located at our Austin, TX National Headquarters with regular travel throughout assigned region. This position will report directly to the Director, Employee Relations.
- Partners with assigned client group management team to communicate human resources policies, procedures, programs and laws.
- Strategize and collaborate with management team to support the HR needs of the assigned line of business. Proactively identify areas to enhance the organization and employee experience.
- Identify and successfully address employee relations and organizational development issues.
- Partners with the corporate management team and legal department to review, update and implement all policies, following-up to ensure compliance.
- Serves as a liaison between the program locations and the corporate office to review and respond to third party claims, as needed. Coordinates with the payroll department to investigate and resolve payroll issues.
- Conducts internal investigations as necessary in response to employee complaints. Collaborates with management team providing a resolution plan and follows up to ensure completion.
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation. Assists in conducting periodic surveys to measure employee satisfaction and employee engagement.
- Acts as steward of the organization’s performance management process, by training the management team in the application of the process including the corrective action process.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of HR related laws and practices, as well as internal policies/procedures, and provides suitable interpretation to management and employees.
- Assists with HR-related education/training, communication and awareness efforts. Supports implementation and training for new HR programs, policies, initiatives, in assigned region.
- Serves as local contact for benefits education and assists with Open Enrollment, leveraging Benefits Specialists at headquarters as needed.
- Provide other support and back-up to the Headquarters Human Resource Department as needed.
- Cultivates a culture that emphasizes responsiveness, innovation, diversity and excellence.
- Compiles and submits reports from various database systems.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources management, business management, or related field and 4-6 years of Human Resources Generalist experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Full-scope HR Generalist experience. This position has a heavy emphasis in Employee Relations activities. Candidates must have at least 3 years of experience in working directly with employees, supervisors, investigating and making problem solving recommendations, surrounding employee issues.
- Proven ability to build and maintain partnerships and solid working relationships with management and employees at all levels.
- Action-oriented, with ability to operate successfully in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, handle adversity and frequent change, and balance workload and competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently, without daily direction.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to make formal presentations. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Ability to learn and navigate a Human Resource Information System.
- Ability to turn programmatic and operational concepts into employee training programs and facilitate training to diverse audiences.
- Customer-service focus and strong influencing skills. Must have demonstrated experience dealing successfully with internal and external customers.
- Experience in administering human resources policies, programs, and practices, including planning, organizing, developing, implementing, coordinating.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to travel locally by car and to travel domestically via air may be required up to 50%.
- Must be able to work a flexible, sometimes unpredictable schedule that could include nights, weekends, and holidays
Must be able to read, write, and communicate both verbally and in written form to express and exchange ideas. While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee must be able to access all components of workstation and other office equipment. Frequent typing, writing, bending and twisting. Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds.
General office environment with moderate noise. This position is mostly sedentary, involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods. A busy environment with many unscheduled interruptions. Frequent computer use at workstation for extended periods. Public contact position requiring appropriate business apparel.