Southwest Key Programs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Financial Accountant - CPA
at Southwest Key Programs
- Job ID
- # Positions
The Financial Accountant is responsible for the financial activities of the assigned programs.
- Perform work in compliance with the Accounting Department’s policies and procedures along with the overall goals and objectives of the Accounting Department as set by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Maintain and implement the Accounting Department’s policies and procedures, which may include from time-to-time adjusting the procedures/policies based on the guidance from the Chief Financial Officer, Director of Finance or Controller.
- Work in conjunction with executive management on budget negotiations as needed.
- Manage billing process for assigned programs to include but not limited to: reviewing billing from programs, preparing expenditure report, filing claims with funding source, drawing process, income/advance recording.
- Oversee accounts receivable status of assigned programs and follow up with programs staff or funding source as needed.
- Review and approve all check requests submitted by assigned programs to verify the spending is within the approved budget before submitting to the accounts payable department.
- Perform financial statement review to ensure the accurate financial position of each program is reported to the program and executive management in a timely manner.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and bank accounts monthly.
- Work with program and executive management on the annual budget process as well as update budget with any modifications that arise.
- Become familiar with the funding source requirement on the financial aspects of the assigned programs to accurately prepare special reports for the funding source as needed.
- Provide financial advice as needed to all assigned programs taking into consideration program model and program location.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements and other financial reports for SWK and its subsidiaries
- Assist in financial agency audit and other audits as needed
- Assist in the monitoring of quality control on the financial matters for the whole organization as well as assigned programs.
- Assist and coordinate with the proposal process as needed.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- CPA and Bachelor degree in business administration, accounting, finance or economics and 10 years of accounting related experience.
- CPA and Master degree in business administration, accounting, finance or economics and 5 years of auditing related working experience
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Financial Audit Experience.
Must be able to read, write, and communicate both verbally and in written form to express and exchange ideas. While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee must be able to access all components of work station and other office equipment. Frequent typing, writing, bending and twisting. Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds.
General office environment with moderate noise. This position is mostly sedentary, involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. A busy environment with many unscheduled interruptions. Frequent computer use at workstation for extended periods of time. Public contact position requiring appropriate business apparel.