Southwest Key Programs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Performance Improvement
at Southwest Key Programs
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Performance Quality Improvement
The Director, Performance Improvement (PI), supports Southwest Key (SWK) Programs Headquarters, programs, and services, through the daily management of Performance Quality Improvement (PQI) internal and external customer reporting and support to drive continuous improvement throughout the organization. This position works in conjunction with the PQI leadership team at Headquarters, which provides Quality Management (QM) program support, and establishes key performance metrics and monitoring protocols to ensure the success of SWK services. This position must interact daily with the National PQI Director and Analytics Team, to support ongoing information management and data integrity activities for SWK. Oversees initiatives related to regulatory compliance, data aggregation, performance monitoring, and ongoing readiness for stakeholder and accreditation reviews. Provides and fosters reporting for program evaluation.
- Develop and implement the SWK ongoing Quality Review process, including all monitoring tools, inter rater reliability exercises, scoring, and performance communication to key business owners.
- Lead development and maintenance of all SWK regulatory requirements matrices, including ORR, state licensure, and accreditation requirements.
- Produce weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual performance monitoring (KPI) reports for SWK HQ leadership and program leadership teams.
- Collaborate with the QM and Analytics team through ongoing data collection and analysis, identify and implement rapid cycling and/or enterprise wide performance and process improvement projects designed to drive efficiency and service excellence.
- Manage the SWK PQI Program Description, Work Plan, and Annual Evaluation.
- Provide all aggregate and qualitative reports for the SWK PQI Quality Committees.
- Review and maintain SWK quality assurance tools for PQI staff to include, but not limited to, desktop protocols, policies and procedures, trainings, and onboarding checklists.
- Ensure customer business needs are built into all SWK reporting specifications.
- Conduct onsite, program monitoring at UM Immigrant Programs (and lead monitoring team), to identify best performance and quality improvement practices.
- In collaboration with the PQI Leadership Team, conduct ongoing staff performance assessments and professional development activities for the performance improvement team.
- Oversee and approve corrective action plans and improvement plans to ensure timeliness and effectiveness of activities.
- Support efficient and meaningful data collection tools and storage systems to promote data integrity.
- Communicate processes to disperse and discuss findings from performance improvement projects.
- Support data driven decision making and program excellence.
- Other duties and projects as requested
- Ongoing collaboration and integration with the SWK Analytics team to ensure accuracy of report specifications against produced output. Ensure that all PI staff are trained to gather and analyze key business data in a consistent and reliable manner against PQI reporting style guides and desktop protocols.
- Ensure consistency in ongoing Quality Review scoring and recommendations through staff inter rater reliability exercises and calibration meetings with business owners.
- Ensure that all business reports are accurate, delivered timely, and include recommendations for improvement.
- Continued education related to the improvement sciences, Continuous Quality Improvement, and process improvement strategies to support the ongoing professional development of the organization.
- Must be available to travel to other cities, states, SWK sites, and community sites as needed in order to support necessary program operations and as needed for required training and implementation of new initiatives (estimated 10-20% travel).
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master’s degree with five (5) years’ experience or Bachelor’s degree with 10 years’ experience in a research or performance improvement role; data mining, analysis, reporting; or regulatory/accreditation.
- At least 4 years’ experience developing and managing performance improvement projects (7 or more years preferred).
- Experience using continuous quality improvement methods and tools.
- Proficient in basic statistical processes and analysis and the ability to learn and apply statistics to program improvement projects.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to effectively analyze data to identify trends and performance results.
- Demonstrated understanding and applicable use of improvement science tools and techniques for business management.
- Demonstrated progressive leadership and personnel management experience.
- Ability to problem-solve and utilize critical thinking skills to address challenges.
- Proficiency in use of data collection and storage tools and applications.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization, including but not limited to executive management, UM Immigrant Programs, and Headquarters.
- CPHQ or LSS Certification
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Prior experience with research and evaluation projects.
Must be able to read, write, and communicate both verbally and in written form to express and exchange ideas. While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee must be able to access all components of work station and other office equipment. Frequent typing, writing, bending and twisting. Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds.
General office environment with moderate noise. This position is mostly sedentary, involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. A busy environment with many unscheduled interruptions. Frequent computer use at workstation for extended periods of time. Public contact position requiring appropriate business apparel.