Southwest Key Programs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Childcare Coordinator - PT
at Southwest Key Programs
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Direct Care
The Childcare Coordinator is responsible for creating and coordinating age appropriate activities, lessons and games for the kids in a nurturing and safe environment for evening classes. The position is required to work evening hours. This position is a year round position.
- Provide constant and active supervision of children at all times.
- Proactively supervise staff and provide training as needed
- Set up room and materials prior to children’s arrival.
- Supervise and take the children to the playground, (weather permitting) for the first hour.
- Provide bathroom and water breaks as needed.
- Take the kids to the Playground (weather permitting).
- Clean work environment on a daily basis, ensuring any materials utilized are placed back in the designated storage areas.
- Assist with the implementation and completion of sign-in sheets, parent consent & enrollment forms and all other relevant documents for data collection purposes daily.
- Implement and design engaging lesson plans, games, arts and crafts for the kids.
- Report all concerns, comments, suggestions to Adult Services Coordinator.
- Arrive prepared and on time.
- Maintain a positive attitude with an optimistic outlook on self and others.
- Establish expectations and a routine during childcare hours.
- Read to the kids every night.
- Weekly data entry and lesson plan preparation.
Out of School Time-Turoring
- Provide individualized content and skill-development tutoring to assigned students, including implementation of pre-designed intervention curriculum.
- Assist students in accessing grade-level content as presented in their daily assignments.
- Communicate consistently with students, parents, and school personnel.
- Work school staff to appropriately accommodate students who have special learning needs.
- Accurately complete and submit all required documentation (to include but not limited to: work-logs, time sheets).
- Have regular attendance and exhibit punctuality.
- Contribute to the creation of a school-wide culture of success for students.
Attend monthly school meetings and in-service training as specified by campus administration.
- Maintain consistent attendance.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Social Work, Child Development with three (3) years of experience working with kids in a school or child care setting.
- Must be prompt.
- Enjoy working with kids.
- Responsible to closely monitor the kids.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and maintain organization.
- Have strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Experience supervising staff or volunteers as well as assigning tasks to them.
- Must be computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Windows (Microsoft Word, Excel), variety of online database systems.
- Experience implementing age appropriate activities to keep kids engaged and safe (3 years old – 12 years old).
Preferred Qualifications (but not required):
- CPR-First Aid certification.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish)
- M-TH 4:30pm-8:30PM
- $15.00 -18.00 / hr. based on experience and qualifications. Employees are required to work an average of 16hrs/week.
Please no e-mails or phone calls. All applicants must submit an on-line application at http://www.swkey.org/about/jobs/