Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Web Product Manager, Community
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Position Type
- Business Group
- Core IT
The Web Product Manager for THWACK.com, is responsible for articulating and delivering web and platform-based roadmaps for the SolarWinds Community that focus on innovating and improving user engagement, UI/UX experience, and business enablement. End-users include customers, prospects, and thought-leaders in the tech realm. Community is engrained in our company culture and as such, internal stakeholders span multiple departments, including but not limited to: Product Management, Product Marketing, Customer Marketing, Corporate Communications, Brand, Sales, Renewals, and more.
This person will also be responsible for taking over several large platform migration projects that are currently underway. Strong cross-department communication, organization, and project management skills are required to meet the demands and timelines associated therein.
If you are an out-of-the-box thinker with a proven track record for delivering game-changing web and community-oriented innovation, this job is for you!
- Specialize in removing barriers to project completion through communication and collaboration with many departments and stakeholders throughout a complex, growing, and ever-changing organization.
- Create industry-leading innovative features within the community to increase user adoption, user engagement, and overall customer satisfaction.
- Manage the end-to-end project lifecycle: gather business requirements from stakeholders, write functional requirements for developers, scope and schedule projects based on developer/contractor capacity, communicate project status to stakeholders, work with development team on execution and deployment of projects, assist in user-testing of all project requirements, and obtain formal sign off on all project deliverables from different stakeholders.
- Become an expert in the Khoros (formerly Lithium) platform. Align that expertise with SolarWinds initiatives to manage a long-term roadmap.
- Contribute new ideas for strategic projects to improve business-enablement opportunities and streamline our processes to increase efficiency.
- Track and report weekly on percent complete, budget burn, earned value, slippage, project effort and duration to complete and other key project metrics.
- Ensure project meets internal and client expectations with respect to quality, budget, delivery timelines, and strategy.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects in a given time period as well as staying extremely detail-oriented in tasks and communications.
- Create, maintain and communicate project schedules and timelines based on input from teams responsible for the execution of project requirements. Determine resource requirements (including staffing, software, hardware, and facilities) of projects, based on project specifications.
- BA/BS degree in a technical field
- 2-3 years of web product management
- 1-2 years of front-end UX/UI development
- 1-2 years of project management experience with demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and on budget
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex projects that are strategic in nature
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work in a small team setting