Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Events Specialist - Global Tradeshows
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Position Type
- Business Group
Working within Corporate Marketing, this Senior Events Specialist will be responsible for the planning, project management & reporting of all executable aspects relating to SolarWinds participation at Tradeshows globally (minus security events). This individual will own tradeshow processes working with others in the events team to ensure adherence and provide guidance in order to ensure consistency and achieve the business goals set.
Responsible for tracking and ensuring adherence to the budget for Global Tradeshows, as part of the wider marketing organisation this individual will also collaborate with other departments to ensure specialist experience is leveraged and the best possible outcomes for the business are achieved.
- Responsible for the planning, project management & reporting of all executable aspects relating to SolarWinds participation at Tradeshows globally (minus security events).
- Creation and adherence to Tradeshow processes, working with others in the event team to ensure adherence to processes set, provide guidance as needed in order to ensure consistency, executional excellence across all events achieving the business goals set.
- Detailed tracking and adherence to budget set for Global Tradeshows.
- Articulating clear outlines for each tradeshow specifying how each show will meet the overall event goals set, show targets – including scan goals and hot lead targets and communications plans for pre, during and post show materials.
- Evaluate new and existing events for suitability and or suggestions to enhance and improve performance providing detailed recommendations on the approach recommended.
- Negotiate event sponsorship contracts to ensure business goals are achieved, value for money is obtained and any potential risk is minimised.
- Serve as the liaison with vendors, including communication on vendor standards/expectations prior to events, overseeing all booth orders
- Evaluate third party vendors making recommendations as necessary to ensure best results and continuous high-quality outputs.
- Responsible for event prep, including hotel reservations, internal documents, staff event registration, material shipping and communication to event staff for assigned events.
- Responsible for all aspects of post-event activities, including: lead management and loading, ROI and performance analysis including any future recommendations, accounting and timely payment of invoices.
- Lead speakers, internal teams and events staff participation before and during events.
- Evaluate the use of event technology at tradeshows making recommendations as to where we could use technology to enhance the experience or business results from shows attended.
- Conduct research for continued industry growth.
- Travel (up to 25%) to event locations to set up the event space, manage live events and coordinate return shipping of exhibit materials.
- 5-8 years experience managing corporate events and tradeshows
- +3 years of experience in a corporate office/comparable work setting.
- BS or BA in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or related field.
- Prior experience of successfully managing large events budgets
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Great attention to detail with the ability to prioritize numerous projects at once.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and contribute at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work with deadlines and manage multiple high-priority assignments while staying organized.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Results driven, energetic, resourceful and hands-on individual with a strong service orientation. Able to work without constant supervision.
- Well-versed and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proven ability to establish strong relationships internally and externally.
- Must be willing and able to travel occasionally
- International shipping, logistics experience
- Knowledge and experience IT and Technology industry helpful
- Experience in using project management systems (asana preferred)
- Experienced user of Software applications such as: Bizzabo and Salesforce