Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Sales Engineer - Database
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Position Type
- Business Group
- Core IT
As a Senior Sales Engineer, you will provide prospects, sales staff, channel partners and resellers with technical product advice during sales discussions. This position requires the ability to effectively perform detailed online technical deep-dive demonstrations, during which you must effectively promote product features, answer audience questions and clearly ascertain the prospect’s needs and requirements. As a Senior Sales Engineer, you must demonstrate expert knowledge of the entire SolarWinds’ Database, Systems, and Application product portfolio. You will be responsible for providing prospects with assistance during the product evaluation cycle. This will include responding to technical queries via email, online remote assistance, troubleshooting and solving complex pre-sales support problems. Qualified applicants will have a minimum of 5 years of technical product support or relevant pre-sales experience.
- Demonstrates and implements product customization in lab and in a prospect’s environment.
- Ability to customize a prospect’s environment to meet all technical requirements to satisfy proof of concept.
- Performs advanced troubleshooting techniques on all SolarWinds products. Identifies and isolates issues through log analysis.
- Works closely with the SWI Product Management team communicating product issues, customer feedback, and feature/functionality requests.
- Provides best practices on product design and architecture using Visio.
- Answers and assists the Sales Engineering team with technology specific questions/issues.
- Solid understanding of market landscape with exceptional ability to position products.
- Assists sales reps to offer product solutions that solve business needs and overcome challenges.
- Subject matter expert in Database technologies.
- Identifies areas of improvement specific to product to enhance the evaluation experience.
- Identifies trends/patterns of product issues and effectively communicates to Management where improvement is needed.
- Ability to read and write scripts to solve unique issues, both Windows and *nix platforms.
- Delivers technical training on new and updated products to pre-sales and sales staff internally and externally to partners in person and via channel webinars.
- 5+ years of experience with Database, Application, Storage and Virtualization technologies.
- Subject Matter Expert in database technologies (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, SAP ASE, MySQL).
- Expert level experience with application, system and virtualiztion technologies.
- Advanced troubleshooting techniques within database environments.
- Experience in delivering technical training to pre-sales and or/sales staff internally and externally to partners and end users.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant Business or Computing discipline or 5+ years experience in related field (Database Administrator, Sr. System Administrator, Virtualization Specialist or similar IT related job function).
- Excellent knowledge of Storage and Virtualization Technologies.
- Substantial experience in Windows 2016 and SQL 2012/2016.
- Substantial experience in database query languages.
- Must have excellent reasoning and technical troubleshooting skills.
- MCDBA, MCSE, VMWare VCP or other related certifications.
- Windows and Unix Scripting (VB, Perl, shell).
- Exceptional oral and written communication and presentation skills are critical for this position.
- A good mix of technical ability, sales and customer interaction skills are required.
- Prior experience in a similar pre-sales or technical role (latter is preferred) within a software vendor or a preferred partner/systems integrator.