Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Channel Account Manager
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Position Type
- Business Group
SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI) provides powerful and affordable IT management software to more than 100,000 customers worldwide – from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses. Focused on the real-world needs of IT professionals, SolarWinds products are downloadable, easy to use and maintain, and provide the power, scale, and flexibility needed to manage today’s complex IT environments. SolarWinds’ growing online community, thwack, is a gathering-place for problem-solving, technology-sharing, and participating in product development for all of SolarWinds’ products.
We are currently seeking a Channel Account Manager for our Austin, Texas office.
The Channel Account Manager is responsible for recruiting and training resellers in the SolarWinds Partner Program while creating and closing sales opportunities to achieve pre-determined sales targets.
The Channel Account Manager has responsibility for self-generating activity within an assigned territory, including:
• Working with channel partners to build a pipeline of new business opportunities
• Using Salesforce.com as a productivity tool and recording daily activity and opportunity
• Providing timely and accurate business forecasts to sales and executive management
• Achieving sales targets for SolarWinds products, solutions and initiatives within specific time frames
• Working closely with other cross-functional management teams in the marketing and product groups to optimize the business opportunity
- Must be incredibly self-motivated and possess strong leadership skills
- Ability to understand sales numbers and manage to daily sales metrics
- Ability to make adjustments to maintain deal velocity and momentum
- Ability to understand and communicate business concepts
- Ability to adapt to changing business issues and requirements and be creative in suggesting new approaches
- Minimum of 3 years in a quota carrying technology channel sales role with demonstrated achievement
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Experience as a Vendor working with Resellers, OEMs, or VARs
- Storage and/or Network experience is a plus
- BS/BA preferred