SHI International Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Advisor - Corp ASG
at SHI International Corp.
- Requisition ID
- Information Technology
Innovative Solutions. World Class Support.
Headquartered in Somerset, NJ, SHI International Corp. has transformed itself from a $1 million “software-only” regional reseller into a $8.5 billion+ global provider of technology products and services. Privately-held and under the guidance of its current ownership since 1989, SHI has experienced tremendous growth in size and scope. Its organic growth and over two decades of stability are a direct result of backing a highly-skilled, tenured sales force with software volume licensing experts, hardware procurement specialists and certified IT services professionals.
SHI offers custom IT solutions for every aspect of your environment from software and hardware procurement to deployment planning, configuration, data center optimization, mobility and IT asset management.
SHI supports their clients from over 30 offices throughout the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Germany, France and Hong Kong. SHI’s goal is to foster long-term, mutually-beneficial relationships with its customers and partners, every day.
What SHI Can Offer:
- World Class Facility includes on site gyms, restaurants and community events
- Ongoing opportunities for personal and professional growth and development due to our strong promote from within philosophy
- Work in an up-beat, creative, and fun environment
- Benefits, include medical, vision, dental, 401K, and flexible spending
- Supportive Management and Leadership
As the largest privately-owned Commercial IT Solutions Provider, we strive to be the #1 resource our customers go to when they need advice about their businesses IT environment – and we help them procure it like a pro – whether they are one of the largest banking institutions in the world, or a five-person SaaS company just getting off the ground.
Our Advanced Services Group has a home base in Austin, where we develop elite business-to-business IT sales executives and technical advisors. Consistently ranked in the Top 10 Places to Work in Austin, culture is not just a buzzword. We are known for our high energy – a result of our hard working and collaborative nature that thrives in an extremely relevant, dynamic industry.
The Technical Advisor is an extension of the sales team for Data Center conversations with customers that include server, storage, networking, virtualization and cloud conversations.
We don’t hire jobseekers – we hire careerseekers. Outpacing the growth of our competitors allows us to develop strong, diverse skill sets and promote from within. Paired with the competitive nature of a sales organization, hard work and productivity are rewarded early and often. If growth is important to you, we couldn’t agree more.
- Talk to customers about technology decisions including server, storage, networking, virtualization and cloud projects
- Have a desire and eagerness to learn to be the lead technical person - training will be provided but the need for ongoing self-training a must
- Training including whiteboard presentations to peer group
- Customer facing via phone call & conference call
- Provides part # lookup and quote creation for hardware and software requests
- Provides educational assistance to Sales Teams
- Manages requests from Sales to designated SLA’s to ensure proper customer satisfaction/experience is achieved
Qualifications/Minimum Skills Required
- Passion for technology
- Working knowledge of servers, storage, networking, virtualization and cloud
- Ability and desire to support sales teams across the country
- Proactive mindset. Sales mentality.
- Ability and desire to open/close/route requests at a high velocity and volume
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience in a help-desk role is a plus
- Preferred - Bachelor’s Degree (in Management Information Systems (MIS) or equivalent)
Equal Employment Opportunity – M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status