SHI International Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Developer - Corp ASG
at SHI International Corp.
- Requisition ID
Any experience leveraging Azure or AWS cloud technologies will be considered a strong plus, but it is not required.
The successful candidate will be adaptable to the ever-changing technology landscape, exhibits unrelenting passion for their work, enjoys experimenting with new technologies, thrives in high-performance teams, demonstrates resourcefulness in finding solutions to challenging problems, believes in craftsmanship and possesses an infectious positive attitude.
This position is required to report to our SHI Austin, TX office location.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support software design process based on functional requirements
- Consult with project teams and end users to identify application requirements
- Design, develop, implement new software or modifications to existing software
- Troubleshoot and identify bugs in existing software, design and release fixes
- Create development environment for efficient testing and integration
- Make recommendations for continuous improvement of SDLC and DevOps
- Support in the creation and maintenance of documentation
Qualifications/Minimum Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience reading and writing technical specifications
- Hands-on experience with developing modern, responsive web applications
- Hands-on experience with developing software solution using ASP.NET, MVC and Web APIs
- Hands-on experience working with a relational database technology
- Hands-on experience with either the Git Source Control System, Visual Studio Online or Team Foundation Server
- Demonstrates excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with ability to present ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong ability to work independently or in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, problem prevention, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
Azure or AWS Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Hands-on experience with developing Platforms-as-a-Service applications on either Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services
- Hands-on experience with developing solutions using NoSQL technologies like MongoDB, AWS DynamoDB or Azure DocumentDB
- Conversational understanding of DevOps methodologies and concepts
- Understands Test-driven development (TDD) and can write unit tests in a unit testing framework
Equal Employment Opportunity – M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status