SHI International Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Presales Solution Architect - VMware
at SHI International Corp.
- Requisition ID
- Customer Service/Support
Innovative Solutions. World Class Support.
Constantly growing in response to the needs of our customers in all sectors and verticals, SHI has transformed itself from a $1 million "software-only" regional reseller into a $10 billion global provider of information technology products and services.
From software and hardware procurement to deployment planning, configuration, data center optimization, IT asset management and cloud computing, SHI offers custom IT solutions for every aspect of your environment.
Privately-held and under the guidance of our current ownership since 1989, SHI has experienced tremendous growth in size and scope through neither merger nor acquisition. Our organic growth and two decades of stability are a direct result of backing a highly-skilled and tenured sales force with software volume licensing experts, hardware procurement specialists and certified IT services professionals.
Headquartered in Somerset, NJ, SHI supports their clients from over 30 offices throughout the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Germany, France and Hong Kong. SHI’s goal is to foster long-term, mutually-beneficial relationships with its customers and partners, every day.
What SHI Can Offer:
- World Class Facility includes on site gyms, restaurants and community events
- Ongoing opportunities for personal and professional growth and development due to our strong promote from within philosophy
- Work in an up-beat, creative, and fun environment
- Benefits, include medical, vision, dental, 401K, and flexible spending
SHI has an opportunity as a Presales Solution Architect supporting VMware. This position will be focused on proactively supporting SHI’s VMware business. The ideal candidate must be comfortable speaking with SHI Account Executives and customers and have experience selling virtualization solutions.
This position will report to the SHI Austin, TX 1501 South Mo Pac location.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- One of a few primary contacts for SHI Sales for presales design and scoping for VMware solutions
- Lead customer facing conference calls and on site meetings with SHI Sales Reps
- Work with the sales team to identify use cases and gather business requirements
- Analyze needs of the Sales teams and create supporting documentation or tools
- Perform technical presentations, all VMware demos and all VMware assessments for customers
- Architect and design VMware solutions and configure proposal presentations around customer’s budget, existing entitlements, business needs and environment restrictions
- Identify and promote supporting technologies and SHI Professional Services leveraging extended SHI resources
- Assist with maintaining the SHI lab for external product demos and internal enablement
- Enable SHI VMware and other internal teams by providing technical mentoring and training sessions
- Align with Sales Management for product solutions enablement
- Point of contact for VMware and SHI leaders in solution focus area
- Stay current with new technologies and innovations and recommend adoption of new technologies
- Maintain certifications relevant to job role
- Support SHI and present when applicable at relevant VMware and SHI customer facing events
- Assist with pipeline building activities such as call blitzes
- Lead ELA Quarterly Check In customer calls to drive consumption
- Manage VMware Solution and Services Programs (IE: VCPP, EUC Cookbook, PCT)
- Assist with POCs
- Assessments: VOA, HCA
Qualifications/Minimum Skills Required
BS degree or equivalent work experience
2 years direct technical presales experience architecting customer solutions
Required industry certifications or equivalent experience – certs can be earned in first year of hire
Minimum 5 years of experience consulting with and selling VMware and Software Defined solutions
Minimum 5 years of experience working in a customer facing lab environment
- Ability to understand common datacenter architectures
- Ability to work in high-profile, complex environments
- Ability to work flexible schedules, evenings and weekends, according to project requirements
- Ability to travel as needed according to customer project requirements (less than 25%)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Creative and self-motivated mindset
- Self-study and independent work in lab facilities to increase job related knowledge and skills
- Experience with Microsoft, Red Hat, Citrix and other virtualization platforms
- Strong background in Network and Security design, primarily with Cisco and Palo Alto products
Equal Employment Opportunity - M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status
Required industry certifications or equivalent experience – certs can be earned in first year of hire.