Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Delivery Driver II Lead DOT/Med
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
This position delivers products to customers from Sherwin-Williams paint stores. It is responsible for ensuring that deliveries are prepared to meet customer requirements in the most efficient manner. This involves loading customer orders properly on the truck, ensuring that appropriate forms are completed, following designated routes and time schedules from a mobile device, and delivering merchandise to the customer in a safe and timely manner. Lead Delivery Drivers assist Terminal Managers with fleet/vehicle maintenance, vehicle registrations and compliance, ordering vehicle equipment and interviewing new drivers. It is also involved in training new drivers, including having them ride with the Lead Delivery Driver, conducting device training and instruction on vehicle inspection reports. This position will assist with terminal and district driver scheduling and conduct quarterly safety training. Lead Delivery Drivers may also be called upon to perform other tasks as needed, including warehouse duties, tinting and mixing customer orders and waiting on customers in our paint stores.
• Must have the authorization to work in this country without visa sponsorship.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must have a valid and unrestricted driver's license, and an acceptable driving record from the State Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
• Must have a High school diploma or comparable certification (e.g. GED).
• Must be able to retrieve material from shelves and floor stacks and lift and carry up to 50 lbs. frequently.
• Must be able to tint paint, therefore, must have good color perception.
• Must be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone.
• Must have a current Medical Examiner's Certificate (ME Certificate) from a Department of Transportation (DOT) licensed "medical examiner" listed on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) National Registry. If you are selected for this position and do not have a current ME Certificate, you must be able to obtain one within five business days of receiving a conditional offer of employment.
• Experience in a delivery, retail sales or customer service position.
• Prior experience with interviewing and training drivers.
• Prior experience with conducting driver safety training.
Who we are -
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.