Schnabel Engineering, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Geotechnical Engineer / Transportation Team Leader
at Schnabel Engineering, Inc.
Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, Schnabel is an employee owned, professional consulting firm that focuses on solving problems related to the earth and environment through specialization in geotechnical, geostructural, dam, and tunnel engineering. Schnabel’s high standards for quality, business ethics, and concern for the communities they live in and support, are a vital part of who they are and what they offer. Founded in 1956, Schnabel has experienced tremendous success and growth through its dedication to excellence in client service, high quality, and value-added solutions. Schnabel is an ENR Top 500 Design Firm and Top 200 Environmental Firm with 330 employees in 19 offices throughout the United States.
Recognized by CE News as one of the Best Engineering Firms to Work for, Schnabel provides employees with a competitive benefits package, including health, dental, life and disability. Engagement in Schnabel’s wellness program offers incentives for employees to pursue a healthy lifestyle, and the firm rewards employees through its Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Schnabel Engineering is seeking an entrepreneurial geotechnical engineer with strong experience on TxDOT transportation projects to support our growing business. The ideal candidate will have established relationships with transportation industry partners in Texas, and will be able to demonstrate success in winning and delivering geotechnical design and construction services, including design-bid-build and alternative delivery projects. This position is located in Dallas or Austin, Texas.
- Win and deliver geotechnical services
- Grow the geotechnical practice focused on the Texas transportation market
- Manage and coach/mentor staff to develop and maintain a high-functioning, profitable team
- Manage client relationships and business development opportunities
- Provide exceptional client service
- Develop and supervise the delivery of geotechnical engineering work products: proposals and reports, calculations, sketches and drawings, specifications, RFI and submittal reviews, etc.
- Review project documents and geotechnical reports
- Perform senior project management duties including communicate with clients, coordinate resources, review project scope and budget, review invoices and manage AR
- Oversee observation by field personnel during construction
- Enforce company quality procedures
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering; Master’s degree preferred
- Professional engineering license in TX
- 10+ years of demonstrated geotechnical engineering experience
- Senior project management experience for transportation projects, including design-build
- Knowledge of TX transportation market and experience/relationships with TXDOT
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Effective analytical and time management skills
- Efficient at balancing multiple concurrent tasks, responsibilities, and commitments
U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident status (no visa sponsorship provided)
Ability to conduct business travel
Candidates must undergo a background check which may include criminal history, motor vehicle record and credit check, plus a drug screen.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability