Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Job ID
- # of Openings
SCCI is seeking a Network Engineer who has network integration experience for a variety of network protocol standards and experience configuring/administering LAN/WAN/MAN communications and network hardware including routers and switches. Function as SME for all network, communication, and technical administration related efforts for the company. This position is located in Austin, TX.
- Analyze VLAN, routing, IP addressing and sub-netting.
- Provides Tier 2 escalation support for Network Operations and Administration.
- Configures and administers LAN/WAN/MAN communications and network hardware including routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Creates scripts using Unix Shell and C++.
- Assesses functional requirements and derives detailed network design that meets the cyber security needs.
- Routinely provides support and high level briefings to company leadership on the status of the network.
- Uses network monitoring tools to identify problems in the network.
- Provides problem determination/resolution based upon personal experience, expert opinion, and standard operating procedures, including immediate resolution where possible.
- Works closely with network administrators that are involved with network monitoring and maintenance, configuration management, and customer support.
- Documents and proposes solutions for network problems and work with appropriate personnel to achieve resolution.
- Ensures compliance with policies, procedures, and standards to include COMSEC, DFARS, and NIST.
- Pearl or other language scripting capable of running backup configurations and other scripting to pull information from routers.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and have an ACTIVE SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE.
- B.A. or B.S. degree (Network Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications) and 7 years of hands-on technical experience.
- DOD 8570 Level 2 IAT equivalent CompTIA Security+.
- Strong understanding of OSI model internetworking technologies like VLAN, STP, and Routing Protocols (BGP, ISIS, IGRP, EIGRP, and OSPF).
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Certification with major network vendors.
- ITIL v3 (Information Technology Infrastructure Library).
- Ability to communicate, orally and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts.
- Project Management experience.
- Familiar with DOD and NIST regulations, directives, and standards.
- Proficient in network design, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- IPSEC, MPLS, QoS configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
- Voice and video over IP configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
- IPV6 configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
- Layer 2/3 VPN and Firewall knowledge and experience.
- Physical cable plant and wiring experience.
SCCI is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to meet the needs of employees and their families. EOE of Minorities, Females, Veterans, Disabilities.