Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Operations
- Job ID
- Corporate Leadership Jobs
- Employment Status
- Regular Full-Time
SBM Management is searching for a Director of Sales and Operations to join our team! The Director of Sales and Operations is responsible for directing the company’s daily activities to ensure operations run efficiently and effectively. This position is also responsible for overseeing the costs, revenues and profitability of the company.
- Directs and mentors a dynamic team of purchasing and sales professionals as related to CEP Operations
- Manages costs and revenues to meet company top and bottom line financial goals including:
- Expanding business within Strategic Accounts / Clients, negotiating increases with Customers, reduction of operating costs, and or changes in schedules or processes.
- Directing operations necessary, both directly and through subordinate managers, to carry out contractual responsibilities and profitability that meet both the Customer’s contractual expectations but to exceed their service expectations resulting in the creation of complete Customer satisfaction.
- Maintains budget compliance percentage for product/items sold
- Manages and retains a (individually or through subordinate staff) qualified staff that is reasonably satisfied with position and compensation, understands and is trained for their position and has a clear line of sight to the goals and expectations of the company and recognized the impact their contributions to the Company.
- Participates in the development and implementation of company goals and strategic vision.
- Maintains a safe work environment for self and employees by implementing comprehensive safety, recognition, and training programs. Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal regulations, such as FLSA, OSHA, ADA, etc.
- Establishes and maintains measurable performance metrics for all levels of CEP activities to include but not limited to supplier performance, supplier quality, internal order placement performance, buyer activity levels, financial (AP) performance, and material shortage/shrinkage elimination
- Ensures performance improvement and recovery plans are developed, issued, tracked and reported on as required for supply base management and improvement.
- Manages material flow to insure inventory is maintained to the optimum level to support on time customer deliveries while keeping inventory holdings at the appropriate levels
- Strategically develops and implements commodity/supply chain strategies covering CEP commodities and supplier processes throughout a global enterprise to deliver maximum value, leverage, and standardization
- Leads a global enterprise organization within the scope of the strategic sourcing process to drive cost out of the supply chain by managing the following:
- Commodity and negotiation strategies including Terms and Conditions Supplier selection/de-selection, evaluation and rationalization of Supply chain solutions, including vendor managed inventory (VMI), supplier consignment, safety stock levels, etc.
- Leads product development commodity strategies in line with corporate initiatives to improve supply chain efficiencies and reduce the total cost of supply chain management
- Drives usage of cost models to validate commodity strategies and to understand significant cost drivers
- Manages all activities that develop relationships with suppliers
- Develops an overall supplier base which creates and sustains a competitive advantage, utilizing global market exploitation, leveraging spend, and leveraging of technologies
- Manages materials growth and sales initiatives in line with profit plan and overall business objectives
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Directs channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals. as needed and required
- Advises, corporate partners and operations management, concerning sales and development techniques
- Analyzes sales statistics to formulate policy and assist dealers in promoting sales
- Directs RFP process and its standardization to eliminate unprofitable items from proposal and ultimate contract
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Leads Minority/Diversity strategies in line with corporate Diversity initiatives to improve tier 1 and tier 2 supply chain management spends
- Participates and at times helps develop Diversity strategies to align with S2 goals and Minority/Diversity Regional and National Chapter’s.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition
- Position may require travel 25-50% of the time.
- The Director of Sales and Operations will manage subordinate staff both directly and indirectly.
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning, and directing work; performance evaluations; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensures employees are properly trained on tasks and safety requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Production/Operations Management, or Engineering from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five (5) or more years of progressive experience in Product Development/Sales and/or Critical Environment product sourcing or relative business experience relating to Product Sales Development.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess strong computer skills and have knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook required; Access preferred) software skills.
- May be required to have a valid driver’s license and meet S2 driver approval requirements.
- NAPM (A.P.P. C.P.M.) or APICS (CPIM, CIRM) certification preferred.
- Certification in GMP, Clean Room and/or Health Care field(s) are also preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, with awareness of deadlines.
- Ability to identify processes needing improvement, and to recommend improvements.
- Ability to coordinate multiple group efforts within the company to achieve objectives.
- Exceptional negotiation skills, oral and written communication skills, and proven ability to garner consensus and demonstrated leadership skills.
Available Shift: Full Time
Compensation: $120,000 - $130,000