Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Coordinator, Patient Outreach & Education
at Satellite Healthcare
Senior Coordinator, Patient Outreach & Education
Satellite Healthcare is a successful, nonprofit organization that has improved the lives of people living with kidney disease since 1973. We earn our national reputation for excellent patient care each day by offering a complete range of dialysis therapy choices, personalized clinical services, and unparalleled wellness education.
Satellite Healthcare provides expert, personalized kidney care at over 80 centers across the U.S. as well as at acute dialysis locations in California and Texas. Learn more about Satellite Healthcare atwww.satellitehealth.com.
The Senior Coordinator, Patient Outreach & Education collaborates with internal and external customers, to ensure a positive customer experience for every patient from first point of referral, through education, modality options, and access placement and follow up, as applicable, to eventual admission into Satellite Healthcare (SHC) or through smooth transition between modalities. The incumbent actively promotes home modalities to physicians, patients, and other groups both internal and external to directly and through SHC Options education program. The educator supports SHC’s mission and customer service philosophy by supporting all aspects of growth within defined market of a business.
The essential functions listed are not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. All employees must work in accordance with Satellite’s I-CARE Standards.
- Establishes programs and implements CKD and modality education for a designated area to ensure every patient along with their care giver and support system (if applicable) receives comprehensive education on modality options including hemodialysis treatments both at home and in-center, peritoneal dialysis, kidney transplantation as well as education on hemodialysis access types with a focus on the health and safety benefits of AV-Fistula or AV-Graft compared to central venous catheters.
- Education includes information regarding options for renal replacement therapy when a patient reaches end stage renal disease, allowing the patient to make an informed decision regarding the option that meets his/her medical needs and lifestyle choices.
- Serves as the primary Patient Advocate by promoting a patient- and family-centered care environment for optimal decision-making along with their healthcare continuum; acts as a primary point of contact with patient and family
- Maintains high level, routine communication with physicians, partners, the interdisciplinary team members, Clinic and Center Managers.
- Establish processes with physician practices as well as local clinics for patient referrals and evaluates the effectiveness of processes through an ongoing basis.
- Assists in the identification, evaluation and selection of Home Dialysis patients and Care Partners.
- Provides patient with information and support for developing their MyPATH, tracks patient care progress, and initiates conversations with patient about potential changes to their MyPATH
- Collaborates with other members of the inter-disciplinary team, ensures frequent and timely communication on status of patients to the inter-disciplinary team to promote optimal patient care
- Conducts Home Therapy awareness programs for existing patients and SHC staff, as needed or as directed.
- Strives to meet growth goals by maintaining strong physician and partner relationships and identifying opportunities for increasing referrals in-patient and home therapies.
- Collaborates with field operations management, market development and functional leadership on the development and implementation of the home therapy strategic plan. Responsibilities include but are not limited to demonstrating market awareness, identifying expansion of service opportunities, providing insight to customer relationships; both physicians and patients.
- Maintains knowledge of Home Therapies products, services and strategies in order to promote SHC Home Therapies to the community through outreach programs.
- Participates in all pertinent company training and development opportunities to grow and develop business knowledge, skills and leadership competencies.
- Provides educational programs to physicians as needed.
- Responsible for driving the Satellite Healthcare culture through values and customer service standards to the community and healthcare providers, including physicians within the guidelines established by company policies and government regulations.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education & Experience:
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Two (2) years Nephrology Nurse experience; a combination of in-center, acute, peritoneal and home hemodialysis highly preferred
- Multilingual candidates preferred
- Current BLS certification (or within 3 months of hire)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of healthcare system
- Ability to work independently (with minimal supervision)
- Ability to handle confidential information discreetly
- Uses effective communication techniques
- Ability to handle potentially sensitive situations by applying consultative skills in working with internal and external constituent groups
- Ability to be highly organized and accountable
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with widely diverse groups, including individuals at all levels both within and outside the organization and gain their cooperation
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Must be able to independently travel to assigned locations
- Able to read, write, speak, understand and satisfactorily communicate with others in English in person, over the phone and via email