Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aerial Sensor Operator
at SAM, inc.
- Job ID
- Job Location
- US-TX-Austin | US-NC-Charlotte
Who We Are
SAM Companies is recognized as the industry’s technology leader in providing geospatial solutions and construction phase services on a national scale. Our staff encompasses 1,000+ individuals from diverse backgrounds who are deploying the latest industry technology and changing the way data is collected and delivered in our industry.
Our entrepreneurial culture is a key factor in SAM being recognized as a Top Workplace for seven consecutive years, and we make it our mission to ensure every one of our employees learns how to build and manage a business, not just be the subject matter expert on the team. At SAM, our employee’s development is instrumental to our success. Your learning will be supported by specialized in-house training programs and mentoring by the industry’s leading experts, who just happen to be on our staff! We make SAM a GREAT place to work, but it all starts with YOU!
Your Impact at SAM
As a Sensor Operator, you will operate LIDAR systems, cameras and other equipment remotely in the field to collect survey data from a variety of platforms including aircraft, UAS and ground vehicles.
- Under the review and direction of the Flight Operations Manager, perform aerial data collection using LiDAR equipment, HD video cameras, and RGB cameras
- Conduct pre-flight mission planning and coordination, including filing NOTAMS, submitting COA requests, and conducting pre-flight and on site risk analysis
- Perform preventative maintenance on sensor equipment and unmanned aerial vehicles
- Conduct field data checks following data collection to ensure adequate coverage
- Operate in remote locations throughout the United States, with little daily supervision
What You Bring to SAM
- Good communication (oral and written) and organizational skills are essential
- A passion for troubleshooting problems in the field
- Candidate should demonstrate previous experience with technologically advanced equipment similar in nature to LiDAR, and an ability to quickly become proficient in the use of such technology
- Ability to operate independent of daily direction and overcome obstacles encountered during field work
Certifications and/or Licensing Requirements
- FAA Part 107 license a plus
We offer a best-in-class benefits package that includes company paid premiums for medical, vision, dental and life insurance. SAM’s 401 (k) program offers a 100% employer match up to 3% of your contribution, along with a 401(k) profit sharing and performance-based bonuses. In addition, we offer:
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- No glass ceiling! Truly a place to spread your wings
- Work/life balance with flexible work hours – priority is getting the job done
- Trainings every Tuesday – Specialized in-house trainings programs designed to assist you in advancing in your career
- Office snacks, free food and fun-themed, employee events provided throughout the year
- Passion for our Community – You have endless opportunities to volunteer alongside your peers with our Corporate Social Responsibility Program
SAM is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. SAM also participates in the federal E-Verify Program.