Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at s3 Incorporated
S3, Inc. is a woman owned small business founded in 1991, headquartered in Huntsville, AL, that provides technical, programmatic, and logistics services to US Department of Defense, other US Government Agencies, and Partner Nation militaries, co-located with Government requirements. S3 has a wholly owned subsidiary, KBFS, that provides aviation pilot training, heavy lift, aircraft maintenance, and related aircraft services to Government and commercial requirements IAW multiple FAA certifications.
S3 Inc. is seeking an Avionics Apprentice to support projects in Temple, TX.
Position Description: The Avionics Apprentice will serve as an apprentice to the Kachemak Bay Flying Service Part 145 Avionics Repair Station Inspector located at Draughon Miller Airport in Temple, Texas. The Apprentice assists the Avionics Inspector in providing repair station support to customers, including installation, component repair, overhaul, technical support, recertification and other customized support solutions. The Avionics Inspector provides training and mentoring to the Apprentice and ascertains that all repairs are properly performed on all completed work prior to release to the customer, and that the appropriate post-repair functional checks, inspection records, reports, and forms used by the Repair Station are properly executed. Under the supervision of the Inspector, the Apprentice will:
- Study, learn and receive practical experience in repairing all categories of avionics equipment and autopilots.
- Perform testing, troubleshooting, and scheduled repair of avionics equipment while enrolled in an on-the-job training program administered by the Avionics Inspector.
- Assist the Chief Avionics Inspector in properly operating the Part 145 Certified Repair Station, ensuring that all processes and procedures are in full compliance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations, and that daily operations accurately reflect the KBFS Part 145 General Operations Manual (GOM) and specified OPSPECS.
- Support the Inspector in producing repair station common hardware, inventorying parts and components, responding to vendors and customers, and interfacing with many authorized distributors for most major avionics, radar, and Global Positioning (GPS) manufacturers.
- Work with the Inspector to schedule avionics repairs considering such factors as work flow, location of equipment and facilities, tools, supplies and other job requirements.
- Coordinate with other employees for ordering parts and supplies in sufficient quantity to effectively manage aircraft down time and reads and interprets maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and airworthiness directives.
- Recommend entries to FAA required records, logbooks, and other means of historical tracking data.
- Maintain inventory of functional avionics parts, tools, materials, equipment and supplies belonging to the Repair Station and provides input to the Inspector to support accurate property management of more than 200 pieces of company equipment valued at over $175,000.
- Maintain parts, tools, materials, equipment and supplies in functional condition; requests replacement items on condition basis and ensures up to date calibration of required tools and equipment.
- Ensures equipment and work area are professionally maintained.
- Communicate effectively with pilots, mechanics, customers and fellow employees and ensures that equipment and work areas are professionally maintained.
The Apprentice must be available to work non-standard schedule that may include evenings and weekends.
Experience/Skills Required : Enrolled in or achieving completion of an FAA approved Aircraft Repairer Course.
Education Required: Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
Security Clearance Required: None.
Systems Studies and Simulation, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the S3 Inc. Careers Page as a result of your disability, you can request reasonable accommodations by calling (256) 539-1700 Ext 1127 or by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Thank you for your interest in S3 Inc.