Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operations Management Trainee- Fleet Management
- Requisition ID
- Maintenance Management
- Employment Type
- Regular - Full Time (4)
- Travel Requirements
- Position Code
The Management Trainee will support the shop management process and assist in cost savings, customer retention, and metric-based initiatives. This requires the Management Trainee to work cross functionally across Operations, Asset Management, Sales, Quality, and Rental.
- Great career path!
- Gain hands on experience!
- Work for industry leader!
Are you looking for an excellent place to work that offers great pay, benefits and incentives?
Do you want to work on new trucks using state of the art tools?
Do you want a position leading to a rewarding career with one of the largest transportation companies in the country?
If you answered “Yes” to these questions, you’ve got to check out Ryder!
At Ryder, we offer outstanding incentives:
- Generous Paid Time Off!
- Excellent Benefits!
- Safety Gear & Uniforms provided at no cost!
- Free Job training and development!
- Career advancement strategies that will help you secure your future!
For 86 years, Ryder has provided customers around the world with integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain management solutions that enhance the way they do business. Building and maintaining a fleet takes time, resources, and expertise few companies can spare.
We are a Fortune 500 company with 800+ locations and 39,000 + Employees across the US! Employee satisfaction is part of our culture.
Apply today and see why a job with Ryder is what you’ve been looking for. Call us or go online to apply for one of our awesome opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Relocation within the region at the conclusion of the training program is required
- Strong PC skills to include spreadsheet and word processing software packages required
- 2-5 years of customer service with issues resolution experience is an asset
- Prior leadership experience highly desired
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational, prioritizing, and multitasking skills
- Proven ability to make good decisions in a fast moving environment
- Mechanical comprehension highly desired
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Basic understanding of business finance, controls, and metrics
- Responsible for the customer relationship activities by providing quality customer interface, proactive customer management, issue resolution, and customer satisfaction
- Ensure accurate PM scheduling and follow up, breakdowns and vehicle status updates; oversee Technician work planning for efficiency, training, and flexibility
- Coordinate with the rental department to ensure maximum utilization without compromising lease customers
- Partner with Sales staff on customer calls for new business and increased customer satisfaction
- Accountable for coordinating with Maintenance, Asset Management, Sales and Marketing to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensure policy and processes are followed to optimize running costs and maintenance overhead
- People: Effectively develop and lead employees to increase productivity and morale
- Support and build knowledge with the location's leadership team for future Succession Planning
- Work Flow Management: Ensure branch productivity through effective work scheduling and planning specifically around preventative maintenance, repair campaigns, and OOS vehicles
- Accountable for coordinating with rental counter to identify repair requirements, available substitute units and vehicle wash requirements
- Ensure appropriate use of outside repair with vendors and customers
- Location Management: Lead execution of parts inventory management process to include: physical inventory, parts ordering, receiving, stocking, managing purchase orders and parts invoices, and coordinating parts pick-up and delivery
- Work closely with inventory planning team for changes to min-max levels
- Ensure a safe and productive operation through proper implementation and administration of company policies and procedures
- Review, analyze, and proactively develop steps to attain maintenance metrics
- Create and execute action plans for continuous improvement to align with quality objectives
- Financial Management: Financial reporting and cost control related to maintenance and asset management
- Understand financial statements in order to create action plans to manage running costs and overheads
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.